14

Jade bit her lip as she tried to process everything he brother's supposed financée had said. She knew her brother well enough to know he would never put in so much effort into something unless he truly wanted it. She made a mental note to ask him about Aria.

" I really don't know what to say Aria. Jared's never tried this hard to get a girl. I think this goes deeper than ' combining our family's wealth'."

" I don't care. I can not get married to a man I don't love. And I can not also drag Zayn into this." Aria sighed into her hands.

" I'll try talking to my brother for you, see if I can smack some sense into him."

" Why are you helping me?"

Jade shrugged.

" You're unhappy and it gives me a chance to spite my brother."

" Thank you."

" Don't thank me yet, you might jinx it."

***

" What are you doing here?" Jared asked.

" Well hello to you too dear brother!" Jade replied sarcastically propping her feet on the table.

" I really need to stop giving people spare keys." He mumbled to himself rubbing his brows.
" What do you want Jade?, Why are you in New York?"

" Well first I heard you were getting married and I wanted to see for myself if truly my big brother has repented from his playboy ways then an old friend of mine had an accident so I decided to kill two birds with a stone so here I am!"

" I had forgotten how annoying your voice could be."

" I was at St John's hospital today and I happened to run into you're supposed financée. Isn't it such a small world?"

Jared narrowed his eyes.

" She's such a lovely lady."

" What do you want?!"

" Answers. Why do you really want to marry her?"

" It's a great deal, we can-"

" I know you Jared so don't lie to me."

" I'm in love with her."

Jade raised an eyebrow and smirked.

" Called it. For how long now?"

" 3 years."

" Whoa! And you didn't do anything about it? You're losing your touch Lukie poo."

He glared at her

" But you know she's miserable right?" Jade asked softly.
" She doesn't love you."

" She'll learn to love me."

" And if she doesn't?, What happens then? Jared, Aria doesn't want a loveless marriage."

" I love her so it's not loveless."

" What if it turns out to be infatuation?"

" It's not infatuation, I'm sure of it."

" I believe you. And I'm glad you found someone you love."

" She hates me doesn't she?"

Jade snorted.

" Understatement of the Millenium. Don't you think it would be better if you try, I don't know...courting her."

It was his turn to snort.

" She'd rather die than date me." He deadpanned.

" She is one stubborn woman."

" She is isn't she?" He replied with a dreamy smile.

" Whipped!"

" Fuck off."

" I think you'd make a couple. She's the only woman I think would be able to handle you."

" You say it like I'm a difficult man."

" You are a difficult man. Guess I'm gonna have to break the bad news to Aria tomorrow."

" You didn't even try to convince me like you promised."

" I promised her I'd talk to you, big difference. Good night." She gave him a kiss on his cheek.

" Night."

***

Ahoj!🤗,

I know, I know, it's short. It's a filler chapter 😅.

Stay tuned for more.

Stay safe 😷.

Bye!!