18

There was laughter in the Kings' manor as guests made small talk, a few of them swaying to the music from the band crooning softly in the background.

" Congratulations."

" Thank you." Jared replied with a slight smile. He had gotten tired of repeating the same words over and over again. He adjusted the buttons on his light blue suit jacket and sipped his champagne.

What is taking her so long?

" Hey man! Damn Aria's got some pretty fine looking friends." Jacob exclaimed as he winked at one of Aria's friends.
" Speaking of Aria, where is she?"

" I don't know."

" Jared."

He turned to see his mother in-law to be walking towards him with a small smile on her face.

" Yes ma'am?"

" Oh stop it. I already told you to call me mum."

He chuckled.

" Yes mum?"

" Good. Aria will be down in a few. The preparation took longer than expected. So you can calm down now, there's no need to be anxious."

" Is it that obvious that I'm anxious to see her?"

" Very. But I don't blame you for it. After all, it is your engagement party."

" It is." He said smiling.
Her words were a clear reassurance that he was getting married to Aria.

Aria stared at her reflection in the mirror and tried to smile.

Bella gave her hand a light squeeze and she gave a weary smile in return.

" Everything will be alright."

" She's right." Zayn assured appearing from under the mass of fabric of Aria's dress.
" Everything happens for a reason. You'll be fine. Come on, it's time."

" Introducing the bride, Aria Imade Ademide Arowolo!"

Jared looked up from his phone and his jaw went slack. Her beauty always managed to catch him off guard every time. The light blue silk material clung to her body like a second skin and the material bunched at her waist trailed behind her. He didn't know what product she used but her skin had a bright glow and a clear glass effect.

He moved to the bottom of the stairs where he took her hand in his; his heart rate picked up as soon as their skin came in contact.

" Presenting the couple, Aria Imade Ademide Arowolo and Jared Lucas Zander King!"

***

Aria tried faking a smile as they waltzed but each time she saw Zayn, Bella and Jade, her smile faltered.

" You know you could at least pretend to be happy." Jared commented.
" I know you hate me. And I know you hate the thought of being with me even more but remember you're doing this for your dad. Try to be happy...for him."

She stared at him with blank eyes and replied,
" As long as I am with you, I am never going to be truly happy."

His heart sunk.

" I can make you happy if you let me. Aria, I love you."

She chuckled.

" You keep saying that. Do you think if you say it enough I'll believe you?"

To anyone watching, they looked like a young couple exchanging sweet words on the dancefloor.

" It's the plain truth Aria."

" You're not in love, you're in lust; you love the thought of being with me, you don't love me."

" What if I'm in both? Aria, I love you but I'm terrible at showing it. You make me feel things that I have never felt before, and I'm not just saying that." He confessed.
" One day you'll love me. That's a promise."

" Never make promises you can't keep."

" Why are you denying your obvious attraction to me? Your mouth says something but your body's saying something else."

He pulled her closer and she shivered involuntarily, goosebumps rose to the surface of her skin. He felt hard and warm under her touch. Her body wanted to melt into him but she held herself back.

" See?"

" It's only natural for my body to respond in such a way. I am a woman."

" No other man can make your body react the way I do." His voice deepened.

" Wanna test it? How 'bout with Jacob? I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

He suddenly pulled her forward and leaned down so his lips were near her ear.

" I am a very possessive man Aria. I don't share what's mine."

He bit her earlobe lightly, she gasped lightly shivering once again and he chuckled.

***
Ola!🤗,
Don't forget to vote, comment and share 😉.
Thank you in advance😊.
Stay safe 😷.
Bye!!