39. Because of me...

Three of us were startled by the loud glass breaking sound. But even before we could grasp the situation, I saw a baton coming flying, aiming at the hands which the man was holding the gun. It hit hard on his hands and the gun fell on the ground somewhere among the chairs stacked up.

That man screamed in pain, whereas I and Xiao Hua exchanged glances with great shock and a little bit of joy. But the next second Xiao Hua's eyes fell on the baton that just came flying.

"Very well." He mouthed.

I felt relieved as there was somebody who came to save us. I looked at the broken window and saw a pass to the door. Soon it opened revealing a man at the end of his twenties, maybe, wearing all black with a black leather jacket. He had his sunglasses too even if we were indoor. Acting cool. As I saw him walk to the right now a very angered man, I got a flash of someone else in him.

"Black hat man?"

Those words came out of my mouth but it was quiet enough to be unheard. I was now sure about that man's identity and he is indeed working for my Uncle.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm not here for a fight."

He said looking at that man who was stunned by how tables have turned. He eyed the door repeatedly looking for his men. Hearing the man in black he laughed at it, maintaining his calm self.

"I know you, Hei Yanjing. Who pays you you work for them. So cut it out."

"It's all rumours. People like you shouldn't believe this kind of slanders. I'm not here for money but love."

Love!? If my hands were free I would have facepalmed myself. That man was talking rubbish and I couldn't believe at 'do or die' times like this, he sends someone who is not straight. I mean the thoughts.

Me and Xiao Hua were just spectators now, that man didn't stop talking. Perhaps he is buying time for Uncle. I listened to them speaking carefully.

"Oh... I'm sorry. I completely forgot about it. I'm not against your relationship with Xie Yu Chen. If I can get what I want it's all good."

"What?"

I couldn't help but be surprised hearing him.

"Xiao Hua and you? Is that why you were impatient about our marriage proposal?"

I turned to Xiao Hua and he nodded. I felt offended somehow so stomped my foot.

"But that's not right."

"Not right? Are you judging our love? You..."

"I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to him."

I pointed at my kidnapper with my head.

"You are not against them but me? That's discrimination. They are also from the main families."

"Wuxie, A man can live without hands or legs but that's not the case for the head."

"Then I have another question."

"Ask me."

"How come you are still so calm?"

That situation quickly went to the friendly mode which was fishy. When I asked he laughed hysterically which made my suspicions more strong. Hei Yanjing also got alerted by his reaction. He held onto a long knife he had beneath his jacket except for an ambush anytime.

I wasn't wrong. By that time the footsteps of more people coming were to be heard along with the drumming of my heart. Hei Yanjing was quick to react. He whirled and with a swift movement, he pushed the boss down then reaching in front of Xiao hua. He cut the ropes which tied him with his knife. I got ready to be untied soon but to my surprise, as he released Xiao Hua he grabbed Xiao Hua's hand dragging him to run. Xiao Hua was equally surprised as I. He turned to look at me with his still weary eyes. Then I heard Hei Yanjing saying...