31. A little Shock

Yesterday I got to go out with Xiao ge. But it didn't change the fact that I was house arrested. I only learned the fact that we were followed by Zhang's bodyguard when we came back. So I decided not to see my uncle immediately.

I spent that whole day in my room looking into more information about Xiao Hua and my uncle. I called Pangzi for help too. Because of all of that, I didn't realise the time passing. Zhang trio wasn't home, so I wasn't interrupted by anyone. I skipped meals and some time afternoon I dozed off as I was sitting on the bean bag in my room.

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my door. I looked into the phone it was 3 pm already.

"Oh my...

I'm coming."

I ran to get to the door, rubbing my eyes and when I opened the door I saw someone I was least expecting which completely woke me up. I bowed 90° as I saw him.

"Come out."

"Yes."

It was The Boss Zhang. So without question, I followed him to his study. Rishan brother was also there scrolling through his phone. He flashed a smile as I entered which gave relief from the tension that arose around me because of the other stiff man. He went over to sit in his chair and I stood beside Rishan brother not daring to sit, holding on to the chair. I was having an internal conflict on whether to apologise to him for my behaviour yesterday.

"Sit." "I'm sorry."

"What?"

"I mean I'm sorry for yesterday's behaviour. I talked a bit...rude."

My heart was beating crazily. He straightened his back glaring straight into my eyes. God...why I am still scared of him. I tightened my grip on the chair. Still, I was relieved that Rishan brother was there. If he scolds me I can bear it to an extent. If the limits exceed I was sure Rishan brother will help me.

But it wasn't as I thought. With a shivering heart when I glanced over Rishan brother he was breaking into a laugh. My mouth opened wide seeing it. He saw my flustered face.

"Haha.. Sorry sorry. Thinking back on your face yesterday and now... I'm sorry I couldn't help."

"Rishan brother... I was hurt more than shocked when she talked about cancelling marriage. All I could think was she doesn't care about me at all. You know me and my grandma don't get along."

"Or is just you don't want to get along with her."

That heavy voice hit me hard. I had no idea how to answer Qishan Brother. I looked at him with great difficulty.

"I... I really loved my father. My mother, I couldn't even... see her for once.
If it wasn't because of the pride of these people, I would never have lost them.
For all my life I hated here. I was living the life my father gave me. After all of these tell me how can I make myself act as nothing happened and be her lovely grandson.
They came for me, bringing up my father's name they bought me here. But, I can't accept them as a family. It's not like I hate her, but I can't let her take control of me as he did with my father. I just want to go back to my old life as soon as everything here is over."

I never thought of earning sympathy by bringing up my lonely childhood. Before coming here I had already made up my mind that I'll never say such things to anyone. But now I had no other explanations that could prove myself.

"What do you mean by going back?"

Rishan brother asked me with a confused face. But before I could give him an answer, Qishan brother raised another question.