25.2 Happiest day

*knock knock

My happiness was at its extreme and we both were smiling ear to ear but the knocking sound broke it.
The door was already open. Hearing the knocking sound we both looked at the door. It was Rishan brother. Leaning to the door frame, he was laughing looking at us.

"So wuxie... You finally made it happen."

"Rishan brother!?"

"Ah. Let me speak to my brother first. Kylin ah... So, you finally accept it."

"Brother..."

Xiao ge had a worried face seeing Rishan brother. He may have to worry about how his brother will react to this. I thought it's better for me to silently hear the brothers talk.

"I... I think... I think I like Wuxie."

Xiao ge didn't say this to me. But when his brother asked he stood up for me. Hearing him really made my day. He may have thought they will disapprove.

"I'm sorry brother..."

"Hahaha.. Don't worry. I know it already."

"You know?"

"Mm. Of course. He came to me for help."

I wasn't expecting this. I never thought Rishan Brother will tell on me. Shoot. I wanted to watch the reaction of Xiao ge but was afraid.  I slowly turned my head and took a peek at him. But to my shock, he was shooting glares at me.

"Aah... Xiao ge. Don't be mad. I was just asking for tips generally. I didn't say it was you. I swear. It's him who found it out. I'm innocent in this matter."

I swear my innocence but Xiao ge didn't have any expression change. But the other Zhang was trying his might not to laugh.

"So Wuxie... Are we proceeding with the proposal now?"

"Proposal!?"

I couldn't help but worry seeing Xiao ge getting shocks above shocks.

"That Xiao ge..."

"Let me explain Wuxie..."

I don't know if it's a good idea but I let Rishan brother speak.

"Kylin, Wuxie... He is one among us too. A member of the Wu family of nine gates. Hear it well... When his grandma came to know he loves you, she came to brother with this marriage proposal."

"Qishan brother knows too..."

"Yes. We have had decided on your marriage. But then it's him who said he wants you to love him first to marry. We also thought that the right way to do it. So we kept this a secret."

Xiao ge had teary eyes. He kept his head down. I was hesitant to talk so I waited for him to look at me so that I can reassure him, say I love him. But Rishan brother spoke;

"What you think Kylin? Do you want to marry him?

I know, you are my brother. But right now I'm asking this for him. He really loves you. I can see that. So I advise you to say yes only if you can love him back. Don't disappoint him."

Sometimes I really wish for him to be my real brother. Oh, I love this man. I flashed a smile at Rishan brother but shortly my focus shifted back to the man standing feet apart to my left. He was certainly lost in thoughts. But he didn't take much time to find the answer.

"I do."

He said that in a determined tone.

"Good. Then I'll tell brother."

As he was about to go I called him from behind.

"Rishan brother... You don't have to rush it. Give us some time to experience our life as lovers first."

"Sigh* Okay... Okay... Your life your call. I don't have any problem."

"Thank you.."

"Thank you, brother."

"Cut it out. I'm feeling weird. So... Wuxie it's late... You better take his car. You can bring it to the office in the morning."

"Do I have to go...?"

I made a pleading face because I didn't want to go. But he wasn't my father, my uncle or Xiao ge.

"Of course. Come I'll send you off. You better sleep now. It's already late."

Rishan brother dragged me out of the room.

"See you tomorrow... Bye..."

I waved at Xiao ge, letting Rishan brother drag me out. But he stopped at the hall.

"Wuxie... Why you are still not agreeing to the marriage?"

"Because it's so early. He just accepted my love. You know he didn't even say 'I love you' yet. He is still awkward around me. Marriage is out of the question for the time being."

"Wuxie... The mess out there will only spread more. Both he and you are our responsibility. On top of that, we have to keep safe the nine gates..."

"You guys are still stuck there!? You want us to marry for the sake of the family alliance?"

"Yes. But it's not like we are forcing you guys. Don't you love each other?"

"And we need time for our love to grow. Brother, don't you think so? Do you think we are matured enough to handle a marital life?"

"Wuxie... I"

"I know... You don't have to worry about us. I'll protect him. I won't let anything hurt him, even me."

"Mm.. Okay. I don't have doubts about your capabilities."

"Then... Why don't you let me crash here today?"

He was in a serious mood so I just tried my luck. But failed.

"Sorry. Come let me send you off.

Ah. If you want, you can come here to pick him up at the office tomorrow. That I can allow."

"Okay.. Fair enough. Then see you tomorrow.

I took Xiao ge's car and drove to my apartment. The night seemed beautiful than ever.

The night reflected my mind
My eyes reflected my heart.
Both revealed a beautiful image.
You.

♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣

It's a short chapter. So those lines are a compensatory gift for you. Yes. The you is YOU Or any you comes to your mind. ❤ Hope y'all like it.

Don't forget to vote ⭐