11. The perfect employee

I'm a new man now. Very focused on my job. For two days I worked my fingers to the bone and finished the job Xiao ge wanted me to do.

I carefully printed out the papers. This time each item was appropriately classified and proper explanations are also given. I also found the current location of each item as of now contacting Pangzi and Aning. Now Aning is a good friend of mine. She is very helpful too.

"Pangzi I'm done."

"Nice work." He gave me a thumbs up.

"Then I'll go and show it to him."

"Okay. All the best. Hehe"

He had a crooked look on his face while wishing me luck. I know what he meant. These days I had more time to talk with pangzi. And most of the time the topic was him. I gave him me scary face but smiled at him last.

"Oh Right. Can you contact the Art Gallery for me pangzi?"

"Oh.. Yes. I will do it."

"Then I'm off."

This time I didn't stand outside his office staring at him. I straight went to the door, knocked twice, and gently pushed it open when the man inside asked me to come in.

"This is the file of items for exhibit."

I passed the file to him before I sit on the chair. To be honest, the sight of him always makes my heart rate go up. Before I couldn't control it and always ended up doing stupid things. But now I'm determined not to make myself stupid in front of him. Even though I was struggling I controlled my heart.

He didn't say anything but carefully read the file. His face is hard to read. So I couldn't guess what was he thinking.

"Is there any problem with the file?"

"No. It's good. I'm able to follow it."

"Thats nice."

I let out a sigh of relief as he said it.

"So these paintings are just for decorations? Is that necessary?"

He put down the file and pointed at the painting I selected for the entrance and the hall of the museum.

"Well.. It's just a suggestion. For interior design, we have a lot of time. But I thought its better to include this line of paintings. These paintings are hard to get. So I wanted to know your opinion."

"The these are good. What I'm saying is the priority must be the exhibits. Since we have to control the budget for other things. We will be having a tough time collecting most of these through auctions."

"Yes. Thats right. Then I'll drop the idea."

"For now."

"Huh?"

"When the construction is finished, we consider the paintings. You know where to get it right?"

"Yes. I know. It can be acquired through regular sales, not auctions. Actually, I already asked pangzi to ask about it."

"Okay"

I felt so good. Even if it's business matters, to be able to talk to him this long that too without making him irritated, it was the best feeling. He carefully read the rest of the file. There were some doubts and I explained it to him. At that time someone knocked at the door. It was pangzi.

Pangzi: Can I come in.

Kylin: Yes.

Pangzi: Wuxie. I called the Art Gallery. The paintings you mentioned all are there.

Wuxie: That's good Pangzi. But we will deal with it later.

Pangzi: Then there is one problem.

Kyiln: Problem?

Wuxie: What kind of problem?

Pangzi: This year Art Gallery is going to conduct an Auction. These paintings have high chances to be included in it. If you want it, you better buy it right away. Or through auction, it's gonna be a huge loss.

Wuxie: That's a problem. I liked those paintings so much. It was best for our museum. But it's okay Xiao ge. We will be able to find an alternative by then.

It's was quite depressing. I had already thought of how the interiors should be like. And now the main element is far from reach.

"If there is nothing else I'll take my leave. I will do a final check on all the items then proceed with the acquisition."

"Okay. You may go."

We both came out of his office. Suddenly Pangzi grabbed my arms.

"Wuxie... What did you call him? Xiao ge?"

"Oh! You heard it?"

"Yes of course. You already gave him a pet name!?"

"What's so weird about. Isn't it better than those cringe words like baby...honey...my love...and all."

"Thats right. Thats right."

"Come already. I have to finish the final check."

"You doesn't seem to be that sad now."

"I'm. But today something good also happened so if I try to weigh it, it's my happiness which is more."

"Happiness? What, you didn't mess up this time talking to him?

"Yeah. Most importantly I wasn't kicked out today. Isn't it a dramatic improvement for me?"

"Sure. It's a miracle."

"Haha.. Pangzi.. Let me treat you a coffee."

"Eh. Wuxie.. Sometimes step up your gratitude. Treat me a hot pot someday."

"Sure, someday. Today it's coffee again."

We were about to go to the cafeteria but suddenly a voice comes from behind.

"Wuxie. Let's go to the Gallery."

"Huh!?"

Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣

😉