2. Zhang Associates

Zhang Associates is located at the heart of Beijing. It's like the central point of everything happening in Beijing. The Beijing Antique market is not that far from here too. Today is my first at here. I heard the project is still not finalized. So maybe I have to take part in all kinds of tasks from scratch.

I stood outside the building looking above at the top. I was nervous for some reason. All my life I thought of never coming here. But it felt like my roots have already been planted here even before my birth. It's my fate and I can never avoid coming here. Maybe that's why I didn't even refuse my grandmother when I was able to just walk away. It's my choice. Whatever happens, I will face it and overcome it. I made my mind and took my steps towards the lift. I was told to report to the HR department on the 5th floor. When I arrived there the front desk was empty. I looked at my watch. It showed 9:25. I'm a little early. So I waited there for another 5 minutes. At that time a lot of employees were going in. I saw that everyone had a card which they have to swipe on the device at the door to open it. It's the identity card for the employees and it records their check-in time. When I watch struck sat harp at 9:30 a lady, dressed in formals came and sat at the front desk. She was a pretty lady in her late 20s. Only after she put her bag away, arranged the files and directory, switch on her computer, and checked her dress, hair and makeup did she looked at me.

But before I approach her someone else came to her so I backed. It was a man, seems to be in his early 30s. He was fat and chubby but to be honest it is not that unhealthy. He leaned to the desk giving a flirtatious look to her. Her reaction was more like oh you again. He was talking no stop with his mouth and his face. I nearly forgot why I was here and when reality hit me I stood up with a thud sound. Both of them looked at me. I was kinda sorry to impede that man's sincere efforts. He signaled me to come with his hands. I was hesitant at first but the man seemed okay for me.

"For whom you are waiting here for this early? Your wife?"

That was different from what I expected. I thought he may joke but he can't be scary and foul-mouthed. But his first question like this. I froze there not because I got scared but because of the unexpected attitude of the man. I even forgot to blink for some seconds.

"Hey.. It's okay I was just kidding. Haha..."

Thank God. For some reason, his laugh immediately brought a light smile to my face too. He was so friendly.

"I'm okay," I said.

"Do you want any help? By the way, what's your name?"

As I told him my name that lady interrupted.

"Wang pangzi. Im sitting here to help people who come new. Let me do my job. Why don't you go and do yours"

The man was very much offended by this.

"eh! Yuncai .. Don't say like that. Let me help you from time to time."

"Why, you don't have anything else to do?"

"Woah. Yuncai is being mean to me right now."

It was really fun to watch the bickering of them. It eased my mind. Pangzi and Yuncai.

"Okay okay... I'm going." He said to the girl and he turned to me. I was laughing at them but that man didn't care.

"Then I will take my leave. Hey Wuxie.. Don't take me as a bully. okay?"

"I won't." What else I can say. That man was funny.

"How can I help you?" Yuncai asked me. She was smiling brightly.

"I'm supposed to join here today. They asked me me to report in HR this morning." I guessed that she will be informed of my arrival. And she was.

"Oh! You are... Wuxie. Okay, you need to go straight and the last room is the HR manager's room. I will let them know you have come."

She then guided me to the door and opened it with her card. I entered the office. It was spacious and well arranged. I walked straight to the last room. There wasn't any confusion.

The HR manager was a lady. She was good and she explained my job and organization rules to me precisely. I am supposed to organize the collections that have to be displayed in the museum. It's a very complicated process to find and get valuable cultural relics and like. So they want me to coordinate everything. Well, it's something I can do. So im happy with my job. She then gave me my id card and led me to my desk.

There were a total of 6 desks and all 6 are working on the museum project. The project is still not officially started but everyone is still busy. I put my bag away and seated in my chair. Somehow I felt so relieved. Everything is going well. Good.

"Yo.. We meet again. So it's you, our new companion." That voice felt so familiar. It was that man from the front desk.

"You work in this department."

"Yeah. Actually, I got transferred here."

"That's a relief. Mm.. Sorry, but how should I call you. She called you pang zi. But.."

"My name is Wang Yueban. But you also can call me pangzi. I don't mind. I like it to be honest."

"Then it's pangzi. Hello, pangzi. Let's get along well in the future."

"We already are. Hahaha"

He took my hands in his and shook them hard. And his laugh was so contagious I couldn't help but to laugh too.

♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣

Two chapters uploaded. It's a starting offer :D