30. The never ending saga of surprises

"He is your uncle."

"..."

"What's with this cold reaction?"

"Huh?... No.. I... I'm.. Just. Mmm... Shocked."

When he said that, I was stunned. I didn't say anything, I took my time to comprehend. Xiao ge was also shocked hearing Xiao hua.
The whole world believes that my uncle is dead. But now Xiao hua says it's wrong. How?

"Xiao Hua... Are you sure? How it's even possible."

"He is Wu Sanxing. Anything is possible."

It will mean more than anything if my uncle could come back. But it was hard to believe Xiao Hua. I kept looking down avoiding him and eyeing Xiao ge to see his reaction. Xiao Hua may have noticed this.

"You don't believe me?"

"There is more reason not to believe you, Xiao Hua. It doesn't make sense. Why would he disguise himself as your uncle? Then where is your uncle?"

"He... Wuxie, he was the one who died with your father."

"What?"

"I can explain it to my best knowledge. It's all after all my findings."

I could feel the cold aura he kept falling down slowly. His eyes were teary. I decided to listen to him.

"Our uncles were not biologically related. But it's said they were so much alike. Like twins. It was hard for anyone to tell them apart. After that accident, it was your uncle who came back to our home. I don't know the reason why he pretended to be my uncle. But I could feel somehow he was... guilty.

He locked himself for years. Mourning for the death of his best mate. Only after my grandma died he came out. But now I know. He was playing well. He successfully avoided suspicions that could arise that time. Without any disguise, he became My uncle, Xie Lian Huan."

What Xiao Hua said was convincing. Even as a child, I remember when I saw both of them for the first time together. They were indeed a Xerox copy of each other. They hid their difference in their facial features by the same hairstyles, dressings and manners. So it is somehow possible.

"So..."

"What I said is true. Your uncle is alive. And I think he is up to something."

"Why do you think so?"

"If it's just out indebtedness to my uncle who died in place of uncle Wu, he had many other ways to pay it."

"Mm.. It.. makes sense.

But let me ask one question. How did you found it out?"

Even if everything Xiao Hua said is true, I couldn't think of any acceptable ways he could find it out and not inform others. So I had to ask him that before anything.

"He loves you Wuxie, even though he couldn't appear before you, he used to watch you from afar. And he used to tag me along doing his duty as my uncle too.
One day I listened to him talk on the phone, I don't know who was at the other end, but he told that person everything. I was just 10. I didn't understand it much or maybe I don't want to believe that then. Later I went to study abroad and Our family needed someone. So I just let him be."

"So you know it from 10!?"

"Yes."

"I see."