1. Introduction

Hi! I'm Wuxie and I'm 22. I just finished my post-graduation in Art history and Curator. I like to study cultural history and arts & crafts of my country and also the western too. Seeing antiques and like and interpreting the story behind it always excites me. It's wonderful how our ancestors used various objects, places, and all to tell their stories. Tombs are much more interesting and incredible thinking of the fine technology they had back then for traps and also preserving the body and tomb. So I choose to study in this branch. And as soon as I finished my PG, I got offered a job here in Beijing. In the well famous Zhang Associates.

Actually, it's more than a job. I'm a representative of my family in their upcoming project.
I can't help but laugh when I say 'my family'.

I never knew I had such a family until I'm 22. My father is the eldest son of the Wu family. But he was kicked out for marrying my mother. He chose my mother and flee out of their sight. He loved my mom very much but sadly their love life was short-lived. My mother died giving birth to me. He used to tell me their love story. It was beautiful. I always listen to it carefully. The villain of their story was the Wu family. Supposedly the wu members are allowed to marry only from some family. The young me couldn't comprehend what weird custom was that. But my father fell in love with mom and couldn't leave her. One day I asked him if he was afraid to go against his family and this was his reply,

"Wuxie, I feared but not my family. I feared that I'll lose her and that gave me the power to stand against them. Wuxie, love always make us do the craziest thing. We only think in the end will we be able to stand beside the one we love."

I thought I only want him in my life but when I was 10 he also left me. The only family I left with was the brother of my father who used to visit when I was young. I hoped that he will take me and I won't be alone. But no one came. I grow up just like an orphan. I studied in a boarding school. Got scholarships, worked part-time... And graduated.

Then one day, suddenly he appeared. Wu er bai. He was the other brother of my father. My second uncle. Actually, it was then only I knew my father had two brothers and third uncle died long ago. He came to take me to Beijing. I wanted to refuse, I wanted to argue, I wanted to take out all my rage but somehow I was more curious. I wanted to know the reason behind them approaching me after all these years. The next day I was in Wu household and met my grandmother, other members whose existence was unknown to me. I made up my mind not to trust a single word of them, their affectionate behavior was suffocating but I decided to play along with them. After a day I was summoned by grandma and she told me to accept the job. The real conversation was like this,

[ "Wuxie... You may hate us for not being able to look after you. But the truth is we never knew you were alive. 'Wu Yiqiong's wife died giving birth to a baby and it died too' that's the news we got. Your third uncle kept this a secret from us for your good. So don't hate him or us."

"You don't need to beat around bushes. Just tell me straight why you need me here."

"Wuxie. I understand you are smart. And we need your smartness. Do you know about the nine families? The Zhang family wanted to build a museum it will be on an international scale and they approached us to take part in the project. However, we can't just sit and watch them doing all the work. So we want one person from our family to supervise the project. Wuxie I want you to take the job. Just a family representative."

"Tsk. Just a family representative? Then you didn't have to bring me here. You can just choose any other family members."

"Wuxie we choose you. Do you have any other problems with it?"

"It's not like you are giving me choice. You are clearly ordering me to go. Then why bother asking?"

"Then it's an order. And the next condition in it is, you can't reveal your identity. It's not a big problem as recordically there is no evidence of you as a wu family member. After your father's death, all your information was destroyed."

"So I was right. You don't need your grandson. You just need a man without any identities."

"Wuxie there is a big storm coming. After all, these are over I will make everything right. So are you ready to take this job?"

"Well, what kind of job is it? Ahh.. Let me guess.
No one knows who am I and you don't want me to reveal it too. So it's not a family representative. More like a spy. Am I right?"

" Yes, a spy it is. But it's not that exactly like it. Zhangs are serious about this project but still, we don't know. It's better to be careful especially when our industry is such a mess. And we also need you to keep an eye on outsiders. Other than that it's a good job opportunity as well. When the museum becomes operational you can work there. You like being a curator don't you?" ]

I don't know why I agreed to it. And here I am going to join at Zhang Associates.

Grandma said that Zhangs are good people. They indeed are. They are the most reputed family among the nine families and the strongest in nine gates. To be able to enter into their premises alone is a Herculean task. Thanks to my so-called family's help. They arranged for me a job here. Even if I'm here as a spy it can also benefit my career. So it's a win-win situation.

So. Let's begin the new journey. I still don't know what my destination is. I hope I will be able to discover it. Let's go...

Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π

I have received a nice response to my previous works hope you will enjoy this one too. Don't forget to vote 💫