9. Just work!?

Zhang's Pov

My first work, but it's not easy at all. I'm already new to this air and the matters I have to deal with is beyond my current knowledge. I don't know why the construction of a museum is so important to brother. He seemed to be expecting a lot. That's why I put my full effort and dedication to learn things. I study as much as possible in the office and at home too.

I came early, and because the initial jobs are already delighted I thought of going through the records of the acquisition of items. It was all big numbers and the way the finance has to be dealt with is not a joke at all. I put all my heart to comprehend the contents.

As I was reading through It, I felt like someone is watching me. My office only has glass walls. So a person can see the inside from the outside and vice versa. I don't know how long that person stood outside eyeing on me. It made me a bit nervous and curious to know who is it. But I didn't look. For some reason I just wanted to ignore the person, letting him watching me more.

"May I?"

I told him to come in, but I didn't look. I knew who is it. That crazy man. He sat on the guest's chair. But didn't speak a word. He kept on staring at me. What's with all this staring!!? I felt like he is going to burn me with his gaze. I thought I will only face him if it's some real work. But his presence and his lancing gaze made me uncomfortable. I lifted my head, looking at those eyes. He had a serious expression like he know I am purposely avoiding his eyes. But those eyes were so sparkly. I know it was on me for a long time and it was creepy to a certain extent. But when I met those eyes, it was so soothing. Still, it was his eyes. So it doesn't matter. His head is different from those soft eyes.

"Why do you come? If it is just sit here and stare at me then you..."

"It's work. Why should I torture myself starting at this face?"

What!? Is it what you have been doing. From outside and even now. He lied to me in my face. Thick-skinned.

He then handed over me a file, and in that big file, there was only a paper.

No sincerity at all.

I tried to understand it. But it was all historical terms and names of different exhibit items, which I have zero knowledge about. And the main problem is, it's just the names, no explanations. I felt like he was making fun of me. He was asked to help me with all these but he seems to have something against me. I was offended and embarrassed to admit my lack of knowledge.

"Don't you know I'm not an expert in this field? I don't understand anything just by these category heads."

He seemed quite happy seeing me at a disadvantage. He happily said he will explain it all to me. But I didn't want it to be like that. I can't let my guard down. That's why I asked him to redo it. I even gave him extra days just in case. But his reaction was...

"That means I can't see you for a week."

I don't know what the hell he meant by it. He always acts like a nutcase and blabber out things. And just like all the other days, I had to ask him to get out. What a madman.

°•°•°•°•°•°

Wuxie's Pov

Time goes by fast. I used to hear this a lot. But for me, nowadays, it is moving slower than a snail. It's just two days and I already...

I have no energy to work. So I thought I'll just take a walk through the corridor. These days pangzi is always busy so I didn't ask him to join. I walked at a slow pace sipping the coffee I brew. I walked past the lift, to take the stairs and go down. As I was taking my first step I heard the lift door open. Just like any other, I glanced to know who it is.

Xiao ge!

With Aning?

Xiao ge walked with her towards our department. I halted and even before I could realize my feet followed them from a distance. They were talking about something. When they reached Xiao ge went to his office and Aning to her desk. His office is now a prohibited area for me so I went after Aning.

"Aning."

She turned and smiled sweetly when she saw me.

"What is it Wuxie?"

"You..."

I didn't know what to ask her. Why did stop her? What to ask..

"You... Just come? Did you had any work outside?"

"Oh... I just accompanied manager Zhang to meet a client."

"He asked you?"

"...Yes. Wuxie? Is there any problem?"

"Hm? No no.. I was just asking? So you guys were out for work right?"

Oh my god, this is so discomfiting... I should just bury myself there. How can I talk all this nonsense? Aning must have noticed that I'm weird.

"Wuxie... I better go."

She clearly sees me as a freak now. Aning must have felt so uncomfortable of me asking it like that. I was so ashamed. I buried my face into my palms, silently crying out. I scolded myself for being such a scum. Is this the way to talk to a girl, wuxie?

"Ahem.."

Then only I noticed that the embarrassing show just happened had a viewer. I slowly turned my head, my hands still cover my face.

"Pangzi.. Hehe"

"Wuxie..."

∆∆∆

Like that, another embarrassing day passed by. I got off work late. I was hiding from Pangzi all day and I just didn't want to face Aning too. I saw her going and only after an hour or so I wrapped my job. I lost all my strength after today's incident. I hate myself for acting so childishly just because I saw them together. I didn't think through it at all.

The lift was closing as I come. I couldn't run to get in but it opened again. Only after I'm inside the life I saw him inside.

"Xiao ge"

Well.. I wasn't expecting him to respond. But now I really want him to talk to me, or at least treat me like others. He always keeps a straight face when he is with me and never looks at me. 

"Next time let me accompany you."

I couldn't help but ask him something.

"To where?"

"To meet clients or whatever it is. You took Aning, right?"

"That's because the client was introduced by her."

"Uh? She didn't tell me that."

Well, where did I listened to her? All I did was doubting her.

"Did she need to report everything to you?"

"It's not about her. Next time it will be me."

I moved near to him. But he stood still keeping the straight face. My heart was going crazy breathing near to him. But he was completely unaffected. I looked at his eyes they were beautiful and sharp. But they were never interested in me. I was about to say more but the lift opened. He walked away without even saying goodbye.

"Fine. Don't say bye. It's not like I'm gonna leave you."

♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣

I know it's a bit late but are you able to follow my writing style?