26. Drunk but not so drunk

That night I slept well dreaming about Xiao ge and me. He is my love. My first love. My life here is not easy, and it's unpredictable how it will be. I heard about people giving up their love for the good of the other. I wish I could do the same since I know my life won't be that simple. But no matter how hard I tried to forget him give up on him, convincing myself, saying it's for his good, I couldn't forget him. Maybe it's my selfishness, but whenever I see him, I couldn't help but yearn for him. I want him so bad. I can't think of a future without him. Yes, I am greedy for him.

And finally, I was able to get back his love. When I wake up the next morning, I promised myself to be the best partner for him.

I was excited about our day 1 as boyfriends. I got to pick him up, thanks to my future brother in law. Being the happiest me, I got ready to see him, and pick him from his home. I locked the door, humming my favourite song I was about to enter into the car, my phone ringed. It was a message, from Xiao ge.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Good night❤
[12:25 am]

Rishan brother asked me to accompany him to a meeting.
I can't come to the office today.
[7:06 am]

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

As I read the message, I mentally cursed his brother.

Argghhhh... Our day one.

I was having an internal struggle deciding whether his brother is a friend or foe. He was the one who told me to pick him up. But he did me dirty now. I opened the car and hopped in. I drove slowly to the office but still arrived early. Disappointment may have taken over me. Without knowing I fell asleep on my desk.

(A few hours later...)

"Wuxie.. WUXIE.."

I woke up hearing Pangzi screaming my name to my ear.

"Can't you see I'm here? Why are you screaming?"

I rubbed my ears. Struggling to open my eyes I looked at him.

"I saw you. Sleeping. Did you got driven out from your apartment to sleep here? If you are this sleepy why come so early?"

"Woah... Too many questions."

"At least answer anyone."

"Alright. You can ask me one question."

I sit back to hear his question. Pangzi looked like he knew what to ask but was hesitant. He took a deep breath and asked me.

"Did something happened yesterday? At Zhang's."

It was a new one and I was in shock to hear it. How did he know!?

"Pangzi... You were spying on me? You followed me?"

"It's not like that. Wu grandma is worried about your safety. So she told her man to guard you at night. As he saw you went to Zhang's he came back. They are our allies after all."

"Allies? Yes, they are. And what about me? Who am I to her? Who am I to the Wu family?"

"Wuxie!! You are her grandson. Our little master. You are the future of our Wu family."