28. My remedy

It's been two days, I'm here at Zhang's. Not gonna lie, I like it here because I can spend more time with Xiao ge and take care of him. But still, the fact I can't go out is an infuriating matter.

It's Wednesday and I was in my room, reading a book. A servant came and informed me, I was summoned by Qishan brother. I immediately ran to the hall as he said. I saw there was not only Qishan brother, but my grandma was also there. He was sitting on the couch and near to it, pangzi stood. I got a bad feeling seeing them. Rishan brother was there too. He was so sad that I could feel it the very instant.

"Why are you here?" Don't tell me you came to take me to Wu's.

As she saw me, she gestured for me to sit near her. I got seated next to her. She with a sweet smile patted my head.

"I do not doubt Zhang family's hospitality. But still, how have you been, my son?"

"I'm fine. Do you have any business with them? That's why you came?"

"My good child, I came to see you. But...since it needs to be informed to them too, I talked with Qishan first."

"What is it?"

I got curious to know what's the matter. I was worried also because I got a feeling that whatever it is, it's bad.

"You have to listen to me carefully. Just know that whatever I do is for you and our family."

"Grandma... what do you want now?"

"Wuxie... I came to call off the wedding of you and Zhang Kylin."

"???"

That was shocking. I never expected it will be about my marriage. She let out such a serious thing with ease and I went blank. I thought everything was in my favour and It turned out to be a sandcastle.

"What are you talking about? Grandma... How... It's a marriage. How can you just call it off?"

"Well... It's not like you agreed to it."

"That's..."

Indeed, I didn't agree with marriage. But that wasn't because I don't wanna marry him, that's because no one here doesn't value our love. I looked at Rishan brother, he was the only one who knows my real feelings.

"Rishan brother, please tell her."

"Wuxie... It's your grandma. You first listen to her."

I looked at her. She was sitting still there. The more I see her calm face, I was getting annoyed. Without looking at she dropped the next bomb on me.

"I want you to marry someone else."

"You gotta be kidding."

"No. I'm serious."

She stood up and slowly walked to me.

"Huo Xiangu personally come to me with this proposal. Kid, it's been more than 20 years since she speaks to me. You better understand the seriousness of this."

"Huo grandma? So that's the reason."

"Yes. I was afraid of how will she react to learning about you. But now, she gave us a chance to redeem your father's mistake."

"Mistake!?"

There were a lot of things for her to say to convince me. But she chose to slander my father, her son. I was losing my control. I raised my voice against her.