33.1 The drama

I came back after meeting my uncle. I had a lot to plan and the hardest part is that I'm still in dark about the identity of our enemies. I could only find there are traitors in every family except Zhang's and our Wu family where there are no outsiders. Xie's and Huo family is also out of my suspicion is they are so vigilant and there is my uncle associated with them. For the rest of the families, I don't have any guarantee. There were a lot of questions in my head, and I was really hoping for them to take some action at the inauguration so that we won't be throwing stones in dark anymore.

It was already half past 9 so I didn't see anyone in the hall. I have already texted Xiao ge not to wait for me for dinner. I went straight to my room and got on the bed as my entire body was aching. As I lie down a thought came into my mind. I got up as I lied down and went upstairs to see Xiao ge.

Everyone thinks that I'm playing with him, well it's not true. Only I know how much he means to me. I couldn't express my real feelings yet, I couldn't love him as much as what. I'm waiting for this mess to be clean. So that I could love him without any lies.

I knocked only twice on the door, I could hear the sound of him rushing towards the door. But he took time to open the door with his straight expressionless face. Like I don't know. He smiled at me reflecting my smile.

"You just came?"

"Yes. It went longer than I thought."

"But I thought you won't come."

"Huh? Why so?"

I walked inside and he followed me. I looked around the room as speak, it's not like before, much neater. I sat on the bed taking the pillow in my lap. I looked up at him for the answer.

"You met your uncle after a long time don't you?"

"Oh, that? Well, I gave him a day don't I? This night is for... you."

I don't know what got inside me, I winked at him. He was stunned but soon he looked away hiding his blushing face. I cracked up at his reaction.

"I'll stop. You come to sit here."

He was hesitant but then came to sit beside me.

"How the preparation for the inauguration is going?"

"It's all good. You don't have to worry."

"Of course, after it supervised by none other than the great Zhang Kylin."

"Don't exaggerate."

"No, I'm not. Ever heard a proverb, an elephant don't know how big it is. That's you."

He just sat there glaring at me, may because of my dumb example. But those eyes were sparkling, making me forget everything in my head. I stared back into his eyes. The air was getting hot. My eyes slowly moved down to his nose then the rose lips. The stupid heart of mine so loud as It echoed in my head making me more nervous. I looked back at his eyes to see his state. He was nothing different from me which bought a short smile on my lips. I slowly leaned forward.

"You... You go sleep. It's already late."

WHAT!? I never thought him to be a killjoy. I whined

"Why??"

"You looks so tired."

"Mmm... Are you perhaps worried about me?"

My heart still couldn't get used to him smiling softly to hide his blush. His cheeks get red and he looks down avoiding my eyes. What have you done? How am I supposed to go now?