22. Emergency

The next day I was a bit late for the office. When I reached there, the scheduled meeting had already started. Everyone was already inside except Aning who don't want to join in this meeting.

"You are late."

"Yeah.. I'll go now."

"No need. The manager asked not to let you in."

"Huh? Why?"

"Cause you are late."

"No way. He... Argghh"

Don't know if it's revenge or not, I had to wait outside for almost 2 hours. It was dead silence over there. Aning had also left for some work. I was bored to death sitting there doing nothing. After 2 hours they came one by one. They were all murmuring something and suddenly a tension spread there all over. I couldn't figure out what was the problem. The people from outside also had gone but xiao ge didn't come out. It was Pangzi who come last. He was so sad and had no energy at all. I ran to him.

"Pangzi. Pangzi."

"..."

"Pangzi. What happened? Is there any problem?"

"Mm. He... He is in trouble."

"Who? Just tell me already."

"Your Xiao ge. The people who agreed to provide funds for the next stage of development just back out."

"Why so suddenly? What happened?"

"They don't believe in the manager's competency. They will not cooperate if he is the one leading."

"Nonsense. What's wrong with them? It's been several months and all of this is his effort. How come they doubt him now. I'll talk to them."

"Wait Wuxie."

He stopped me. He seemed to know something. He gestured to follow him and walked to the far end corner.

"Pangzi..."

"Wuxie. This is just my speculation. It can be wrong but I feel confident for some reason. That's why I'm saying this."

"Say it."

"I think someone asked him to call off the deal."

"Asked to? Who?"

"See. Here is the thing. He, Jin da ye got all this money from working as a minion of the Hua family. Now even though he claims to be an independent trader and a boss in the market, he is still manipulatable by Hua grandma."

"You mean..."

"There is no way he bothers to enquire about our project on his own. Wuxie, he is too dumb for it. So someone, most probably Hua grandma, is behind him."

"That old lady... I'll go and beat him up, he will come his own to invest as decided. "

"No Wuxie. Violence is never an option. It's us who need them right now."

"Since the Xinyue hotel incident, there weren't any problems at all. I thought everything is okay. But seems to be wrong."

"He is willing to step down."

"That's what they want. We can't let that happen. We have to fight them. There will be some way."

"But he is so broken. He may have lost all the confidence. If he is not in a manager position, he may not be taking other posts too."