7. Zhang Brothers

~Zhang's PoV~

My life was completely different a month before. I was just an ordinary boy who grew up in an orphanage, graduated from an ordinary university, doing part-time jobs to help my financial needs. And one day a man came to see me. He said I have a home. I have relatives.

That man was Zhang Qishan. He said he is my brother. My uncle's eldest son. And he took me here.

His house is bigger than my orphanage. The front yard was so beautiful, with a lot of flowers and plants. I always like gardening and when I was a child I grew a lot of flowers in my orphanage. But here even seeing from the car, it was like another world. There were a lot of servants from the gate to the door. Everyone lined to welcome me. I was in awe seeing all these. I never even dreamed of such a life and this man is saying all of these is mine. Rishan brother was also very welcoming. They gave me everything and I don't know if I deserve this all. The house, my room everything was so majestic but somehow it was suffocating me. I couldn't handle the sudden change first. But apart from all those material things they gave me love, affection, and most importantly the feel to be home. I'm grateful that they took me in.

We always have dinner together. They will wait for me and talk to me about everything.

One day...

"Eat a lot. You look so skinny."

Qishan brother always cares for me. He gave me a piece of meat extra.

"Thank you."

"Eat this too."

"Thank you"

"This is discrimination. Brother never gave me his meat before." 

Rishan brother is funny as always. He made a sulky face and stole a piece of meat from his plate. This bickering of them always brightens up the mood.

"You are fully grown up. Why do you need to eat meat? He is still growing. He needs to eat more."

"Im already 25."

Both looked at me in surprise. I could see the dace of Qishan brother dimming.

"Just let him baby you. He couldn't do it with me when I was younger. That's why."

I felt really bad for saying it like that.

"I mean... I'll eat to be healthier it's not like I hate it. I also missed those family moments."

"I know. I regret it. For not searching for you."

He sat beside me and gently patted my head. His eyes precisely reflected his words.

"Please forgive this brother."

I felt like a knife piercing through my body. How could I blame such a good person?

"I don't think it's your fault. I don't even know what happened."

"Do you want to know?"

"Mmm"

Rishan brother stayed silent and Qishan brother explained what happened to my parents.

My father secretly married my mother who was from a poor family. It remained a secret for two years. When my grandfather came to know about it he wanted to kill my mother. But my father sacrificed his life for her. But it didn't stop there. They hunted us down. No one knew they had me. My mother asked a friend of hers to hide me. At last, they killed my mother too. It's that friend of my mom who handed me to the orphanage. And they named me Kyiln.
The fact that now I'm in the house of people who killed my parents was making me go crazy. However, Qishan brother kept saying sorry to me. It wasn't even his fault and his kind heart was making me more confusing. How they are the same family?

He said he didn't know I existed until now when someone stranger informed his whereabouts. He didn't think twice, he took me in. Not only that both of them are treating me as a child. Taking care of me. Always accompanying me. It was very uncomfortable for a lone person like me. But as time passed I started loving it. I like being their younger brother now. I like my family now. I'm Zhang Kylin now.

Everything was going smooth but I don't want to waste my life sitting back and chilling in a mansion. So I informed them ill find a job and start working. Now I kinda regret it. From that words of mine, I was told to take part in the business. I have zero knowledge about business. So I completely rejected the offer. But seems like I can't say no to them now. Im entitled to the new project of Zhang Associates. It's a challenge for me. But I have my two brothers beside me so I decided to take this challenge.

Everything was going exceptionally well. And it happens. Wuxie. A headache. I saw him for the first time and banged my head. I thought I won't see him anymore, but he is working in my office that too in my team. Destiny or fate. Seems he will not let me live peacefully. He even started calling me by a nickname. 'Xiao Ge'. It's from the legend Princess and swordsman. I have played the role of swordsman when I was in college. It was for a competition. I even won the best swordsman award. When he called me Xiao ge, it brought all those memories back. Wuxie is so brave so from now on I have to confront him boldly. He is quite talented too. That's why Rishan brother appointed him. He even speaks highly of wuxie on all possible occasions. So there is no way to get rid of him. Now, my only goal is to make this project successful. My brothers trust me with this so I can't let them down.

♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣

Hey, I need some opinion.

The story of Princess as a swordsman is briefly explained in the earlier chapter. Do you want to read the full (extended) story?

If yes, should do it as a separate story( for extended reading)
Or as a chapter at the end of this story.

Please let me know.
And since Zhang is here, there may be chapters or instants in Zhang's point of view. I'll mention it special. If nothing is said then it's Wuxie's pov.

Don't forget to vote.💫