13. Formally invited guest

Zhang's pov

Wuxie's selection was pretty good. I also wanted the paintings to be inside the hallway of our museum. So I called Rishan brother.

"Hello.. Ge?"

"What is it Kylin?"

"Wuxie has an idea for interiors of our museum hallway. Some paintings. Since it isn't the priority, I thought we can buy it later. But we were informed that the paintings are going to be auctioned."

"Oh.. Is it? That will be a financial burden."

"Yeah. I do think the same. But if we can buy it now, then it will only cost the market price."

"Okay..."

"I wanted to ask you about it."

"Kylin, it's your project. You don't need to ask me. Do what you feel is right."

"I am thinking about buying it now. Can I?"

"You can. You don't need to ask. And on top of it. It's Wuxie's idea. So it can never be wrong."

"Mm... I think it's good. Then... See you."

"See you."

Rishan brother told me to do what I think right. And that's how I ended up going to the gallery with wuxie. The exhibits there were all famous old and modern paintings. I'm a stranger to all and when I stepped into the exhibition hall it was like another world for me. But he was excited, just like a child he ran to see it. He clearly explained all of them to me. About paintings, the artist, the history and all. Each of them had deep meanings and a story behind it. Among them, one particular painting caught my eyes.

"Xiao ge, look at it carefully and tell me what you feel."

"Huh?"

"Just say what you see and feel."

"This... It's weird."

It was. First looking at it the painting shows the lust of the man but their eyes tell a different story. Wuxie explained it to me. And I don't know how but looking at that painting for long, it remained my of my parents.
How my dad was ready to risk his life for my mom. How he held her hands even when his whole family went against him. I'm envious of my parents, to be honest. They found someone worthy of giving each other's life. My eyes almost teared. I couldn't help but say it out loud.

"Isn't that what love makes us be. Even if you don't know the future or sometimes you know how it will turn to be, still you don't want to let go of those hands you held."

•••

Wuxie's pov

"Wait here? Aren't you going to invite me to your house?"

"No."

He said No. And as usual, he walked away, this time inside his home.

Wu household is more like the traditional house. The wooden doors and walls, tiled roofs, small pond and fountain in the middle courtyard, etc. But Zhang's house lives up to its name, Zhang's mansion. So I was a bit hesitant to follow him. I was about to go back but a car entered at that time.

Now you see how I'm gonna come inside.

I happily waited for Rishan brother to get off the car. The car door opened.

Oh no. I didn't get much time to think or be shocked. I bowed in 90°.

"What are you doing here?"

"Goo..good evening Qishan b... Sir."

It was Zhang Qishan. I have never seen him after the project introduction. I dare not to. And now, my bad luck I met him here.

"I.. I came to drop manager Zhang."

"Then.. Where is your car?"

"Huh?!"

"There isn't."

Think wuxie.. Think.. Don't embarrass yourself anymore.

"I was driving.. His car."

"Okay. You are not coming?"

"Can I?"

It felt like a dream. Zhang Qishan invited me to his home.

He took me to the dining hall. I was a bit nervous. Then one of the servants put a glass of water in front of me. Before I could finish, God knows how much, a lot of variety of dishes were served. My jaw dropped. How can one person finish all these?

"Wuxie..."

"Oh.. You were already here."

"Yes. Brother told me you came. You seem pretty stunned."

"This. How am I supposed to finish it? I don't know."

"You... Haha... It's for all four of us. Haha... Wuxie you want to eat it all yourself?"

It was like all those good things that happened in the morning were backfiring. Whenever I want to look cool in front of the Zhangs I always lose my face.

"Oh.. Okay. Then..."

"Both of them will be here in no time. Let's wait."

"Okay."

"Wuxie.. So.. How is your love life going? Any progress?"

Are we going to talk about that!?

"Love... There is some progress."

"Like?"

"Like.. Now I'm able to talk freely to that person. No more ignoring."

"Okay.. Good."

"Thanks to your guidance. You are my love guru."

"Haha... No no.. It's all your efforts."

"No.. It's.

I didn't finish talking. The other two Zhang joined the dinner. Of course, Zhang Qishan being seated in front of me I didn't say further. But the dinner completely changed my view of the Zhang brothers.

Xiao ge was like the five-year-old of Zhang Qishan. And he was the passionate father. I could the unfamiliar feel 'home' seeing them interacting. I silently watched them. Moreover, Xiao ge's smile, his childish behaviors, how he shares food with his brothers, seemed like he is a new person. I could leave the house happily.

♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣

This chapter is like a break. Now the story is going to enter the next level.