32. Because i lied

Hai. It's me Wuxie again. It's a shame, when I introduced myself and my story, I lied. I lied or didn't say the whole truth much time. I was desperate then but now I think it's time to reveal my real intentions.

I didn't come here for a job or not to reunite with my long lost family. I wasn't found by my grandma that you know, but I wasn't found by Zhangs either. I gave myself away to be found so that without being suspected I can stay in Beijing. And all these were arranged by my uncle, Wu San Xing.

The said accident happened when I was 10, he and Xiao Hua's uncle came to see my dad. Things turned out to be like only my dad and Xiao Hua's uncle went to the meeting place and my uncle stayed back accompanying me. The accident happened at that time. My uncle believes it was him who should have died. He indeed feels guilty being alive instead of his best friend.

I don't remember a funeral being held. I was shifted to a boarding school soon. From that day I have never seen or heard from my uncle. But all my education and other expenses were met by saying it's my father's money that he saved for me. As I grew up I always was curious about the whereabouts of my uncle but, I had promised my dad to stay away from Beijing which I never wanted to break. When I turned 18 one day a mysterious envelope was sent to my name to my hostel. It was mysterious because my true address, which is of my home I stayed with my dad was also mentioned in it. This address was a complete secret which drew me to open the envelope. In that, there was a letter. It described who I am and my dad. I couldn't find who sent me it. It wasn't negligible because of the content. Exactly a month later I got another one and it described the entire history of the Wu family and the members, their relations with a well-kept profile. After that each month I got envelopes contents being about the other eight families in nine gates. In the eleventh month, the envelope contained much like a personal letter.

Dear wuxie,
I know this is something you really hate. I understand your resentment towards the nine gates. I know you blame them for what happened to your parents. But I explained everything about that nine families for the past months because I really need your help.
The nine gates is in trouble. I do believe whoever trying to harm nine gates is the one behind your father's death too. If you want to help the meet me at the following address.

For almost a week I kept thinking about it and finally decided to meet the person. To be honest, I had already an idea of who it will be. Yes, it was my uncle indeed. He explained to me everything. From everything he said, the only thing that got inside was there is someone who wanted my father to die and they succeeded.

That's why I'm here. To find those behind my father's death.

°°°

"Wuxie... How is your investigation going?"

"I have updates. And since I got this open opportunity to meet you uncle, I came."

We both got seated in my uncle's office.

"So do you still believe it's from our nine gates who is behind all of these?"

"No. But there is someone among your people."

"What do you mean?"

Uncle was upset as he kept on defending his people while I never agreed to it.

"See it's only my deductions. You guys have been controlling this industry for decades. It's normal for common people to get jealous."

"Are you saying someone common is behind all of these? It's not only your father. Kylin's parents too died like this. It's not an easy thing to kill a member of the Zhang family."

"What if it's not just one person?"

My uncle was lost in thoughts. I understand his feelings, for years he was searching for the people behind this. 'Someone really hates the nine gates' thats all he could find. He regrets it, he realises the faults of his parents. If the elders have accepted their sons to have a life as they love, nine gates will not have become like today. Some outsiders took this hostility as their chance and made the nine families fight with each other. Now it's no more united like the early days. In one sense, nine gates is a victim too.

"So now you finally accept our family."

"My and Xiao ge's parents may not have died at the hands of their family, but don't justify them."

"I'm not. I also take responsibility for my brother. But you can't deny your blood, son."

"Yes, but you can't claim your right on me just because of it."

"Okay okay. I'm tired of arguing about it. Come back to our matter."

He was indeed tired. I can't count how many times, not only him grandma too. They always try to convince me to stop treating them like an outsider. It's not I hate them, but for some reason, my father didn't want me here. So I have no intention to get attached to this place or them.

"I'm expecting some drama at the museum inauguration. I need backup. That's on you."

"Is that why you made that scene at the hotel, to reveal your identity?"

"Of course it is."

"It's getting serious. There has only been property confinement till now, but recently there have been a lot of murders. You need to more careful."

"I know. I'll get going. See you at the inauguration."

"Oh! Oh okay bye."

I stood up, while it surprised my uncle. I laughed lightly as I know what he was thinking.

"Why? Are you surprised that I didn't ask you anything about the marriage?"

"Yes, I am. I thought that's why you are here."

"Well I know your real intention so this proposal, it's nothing."

"What intention? Wuxie..."

"Don't disturb us. He has nothing to do with you."

"Tsk. Why are you like this wuxie? Don't rebel always like this. Sometimes it's better to listen to elders. You can't play with him. Let him go."

"Play!? Hah! I can't believe it. Is that what you think of me?"

"Or what? Weren't you so tight on your policy of not marrying from the nine families? You don't want to include him in our plans. He is a poor thing."

"Who are you calling a poor thing? He is your master and he is worthy to be."

"This kid!!!"

"What? I know what to do with him, you just behave. I know it's you who send that mysterious black hat man and you wanted to take him down from his post through that fool. Now this proposal. Come on... Just stop it. Don't interfere on his matter. He is mine to be taken care of.

♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣

I'm back. Hope you are clear with the plot. Any doubts? Just comment.
This story is gonna be intense. I'll try my level best to write well. Support me till then. Your comments make me think this story is alive.

Stay safe. Stay smiling ❤