37. In an abandoned hall

Having great discomfort in my numb neck, I slowly opened my eyes. It was hurting like hell and my legs and hands were tied to the arms and legs of the chair, stopping me from supporting my head. I bend my neck left and right, swirling it around to ease the numb, maybe because I was hanging my head for too long.

"So here I am."

I looked ahead to observe the place. It was a closed place, like some sort of a hall. I looked more carefully for observing the details. The hall was lengthy but not that wide. The roof paved with metals sheets and from the bars supporting it, ceiling fans and lights were hung at a certain distance around the hall. The lights were all on, lighting up the room but were all covered in dust. There were rusty and damaged chairs stacked here and there too. It seemed to be an abandoned auditorium.

"Where am I? Hope the tracking device is still intact."

I bend my neck front, to examine the shirt I'm wearing. Of course, it wasn't just a shirt. The collar button was actually a tracking device. And that's not it. The middle button of the shirt had a mini camera. There was a camera installed in the car too. Uncle was watching everything from the moment I entered the car. I was risking my life, so I had to make sure to collect as much as evidence and it will also help my uncle to rescue me in time. But I'm sure, he won't come anytime soon.

I made sure I turn my body as much as I can fit the camera to cover it. To my left, there was a long mirror window. Huh? Is it like in the films? Maybe they are watching me. I was expecting all these scenarios which made me loosen up and quiet. But if the kidnappers are watching me thought I should act naturally. Wuxie, act like a kidnapped man. Not to mention my acting skills, I started acting all nervous and lost. I hurriedly scanned the area from the left as I was already looking in that direction. Beside the mirror window, there was a metal door which was comparatively new and used unlike the other things in the room. But it was locked from the other side. After that door, another door was in the far end of that wall. And I rode my eyes from the left to the far right end. The doors and windows were symmetrical and some of them were blocked with chairs stacked.

As I strolled my eyes and reached to my straight left, the sight shocked me to death.

"AAH..."

Another kidnapped man? Just like me, there was a man tied to a chair to my right. He was still unconscious and had his head down making it difficult to see his face. I tried to move closer to the person by jerk my body. Even after a hard effort, I could only move an inch or so. I leaned to the front to get a clear view of the person's face.

*gasp*

"XIAO HUA???"

Xiao Hua was the last one I would expect there. He was wearing all white as usual. How is he here? I tried to move more close to him shouting his name.

"Xiao Hua... Wake up xiao hua. Xiao hua... Oh, God. Xiao hua.. Don't die. At least not with me here.

XIAO HUAAAAAA...."

I screamed on top of my lungs but it didn't wake him up. My hands were tied, so I had no other way to wake him up too. I yelled his name nonstop. Because I was screaming like that, I didn't hear the sound of your opening in my left.

"There... There... It's no use to yell like that. Give him some more time -"

That voice startled me. I turned my head quickly to look at the source of the voice.

A man who looked nothing but ordinary and maybe in his 40s walked to me. He was alone and didn't have any weapons in hand. Maybe just a sidekick. Will the boss ever show up? I risked my life and become a love bait. But I or my uncle was never been sure to catch the boss here. I only prayed that whoever it is, just don't kill me before I find any leads. I don't want to die in vain. If the boss doesn't show up, someone who can lead to him was enough for us.