17. Protective Brothers

Rishan brother said he will investigate the whole thing and also assured me that there won't be any problems in the future. But still, I was worried.

The next day I reached work, Xiao ge was already there. Seeing him was a relief, but I already have a task to finish so I was occupied for the next two days and didn't stay behind after 5. After two days, I finished the file.

"Somebody looks so happy."

"I am happy Pangzi."

"Reason?"

"Aeii... You already know."

"I just want to hear it from your mouth. You know your 'lover face', Wuxie it's something else."

"Pangzi you are flattering me."

"Really?"

"Haha.. Then I'll go see him. See you."

I don't know about any Lover's face but I am indeed happy when it's about Xiao ge. I have heard love will bring a special glow to one's face. Pangzi might be talking about it. I wondered what face I had when I am with Xiao he. How come he never noticed my love? It was still a letdown for me.

When I reached his cabin it was unoccupied. I was sure that he did come today.

Where did he go then?

I was about to go back to my seat, a man stopped me.

"You must be Wuxie, right? Rishan sir is asking for you. He is in his office."

"Oh. Thank you. I'll go right away."

After asking for details about the incident at Xinyue hotel, I didn't saw Rishan brother at all. I wondered what would be the reason. I stopped for a moment outside his office, knocked gently on the door.

"Come in."

I pulled the door open and I saw the three Zhangs were gathered. I bowed full since the elder brother was also present.

Wuxie: You called me?

Rishan: Yes. Come sit.

Since the Big Boss is here, the seat other side was taken by him and Rishan brother was on the visitor's seat. Xiao ge was standing beside the table even if there was a chair, which now I was offered. I hesitated to sit. I looked at Xiao ge but he wasn't.

Qishan: it's okay. You can sit.

It was Qishan boss, so I obediently took the seat.

Qishan: What's in your hand?

Wuxie: Oh this. This is the file he told me to prepare. I went to his office but he wasn't there. I was told Rishan brother want to see me then, so I came straight here.

Qishan: Rishan.. Brother?

From everything I just said, he picked up that I call him by that. Zhang Qishan also knows me personally but still, he chose to pick on me. He has a dominant aura around which always intimidates me. So a fearless man like me has to keep my head down in front of him.

Wuxie: Sorry I didn't mean to.

Rishan: When did you stop teasing him, brother. Look how scared he is.

Qishan: Scared? (Tsk) Thats hard to believe.

Rishan: Why so?

Qishan: Just.. An intuition.