14. Marriage!?

Even though I hate Sundays now because I won't be able to see Xiao ge, it was the only day I could rest. So I use this break to recharge myself staying in the bed till noon, ordering food by the new delivery app, taking a nap again, watching movies at night, and sleeping early as possible.

This Sunday also started like this. But it wasn't even 7 am, my phone started to ring. I didn't pick up until it rang thrice. And like that my sleep flew away saying adios to me. I was fully awake but stayed in the bed, lost in thinking for a long time.

It was difficult to make myself get ready when this day I even don't bath. I took a quick bath a wore whatever my hands got from my messy closet. I don't have a car and I won't take a taxi if I'm not in hurry. But today I was too lazy to go by bus, so I called a taxi to the Wu House.

It was only 9 am. Grandma was having her breakfast when I arrived. So I was invited for the breakfast too. Things between us are still awkward. She was kind, and she showed me affection whenever I was with her. But I still maintained a gap between us. Same for second uncle too.

At times like this, I miss my third uncle. That old man was the only connection of mine to this family. When he didn't come for me, I was mad at him. I hated him. But never thought such a thing will happen to him also. I wasn't informed and I kept hating on him. Now I regret all those rude words I said about him. And because of that, I quit hating on Wu family. They are the sole reason for me to grow up like an orphan. But how I never know about them, grandma and second uncle also didn't know about me.

•••

"Wuxie, did you enjoy the breakfast?"

"I did. It was delicious."

"Then come more often."

"I'll try, grandma."

"Good boy."

"I'm already a grownup. You don't need to pamper me now."

"No matter how much you grow, you'll always be my grandson. So I can pamper you even when you have your grandson."

We both laughed.

"So, did you stop by here to visit me or is there anything else?"

"I am visiting you. I also thought about reporting on the spying duty you gave me."

"Is there anything suspicious?"

"No. Not really."

"Then how is the project going?"

"By far it's good. The building construction is in the second half. Probably will finish in a month."

"The construction is contracted to Qi constructions, right?"

"Yes"

"So it's fine. Qi Tie Zui* is a good friend of Zhang Qishan. He can be trusted."

"Oh. Then, the articles are now being located. Some of them are already in our hands."

"Mmm."

"But..."

"What's the matter?"