38. Everything goes wrong

"And the offer is?"

"Sell the properties and businesses you have in your name to me."

He looked over the mirror window and someone came through the door with a folder in his hand. He handed over it to the man and went back. I didn't speak a word. So he continued.

"See... I won't unreasonable. So I mean the word 'sale'. You will get fair consideration. And I don't want your family home too. You can keep it to show your left sincerity for the Wu family."

"Tsk. You really think I will do it?"

I laughed at his confidence. Even if I say I do not commit towards the Wu family, my dad didn't teach me to be a jerk who runs behind money. I looked at him leaning backwards. He was about to say something but I heard a groan from my right. Xiao hua has woke up.

"Xiao Hua. Are you alright? You have not hurt anywhere, don't you?"

He opened his eyes slowly and looked at me.

"Wuxie~~"

His voice was shaking as the effect of the drug haven't worn away.

"Xiao Hua. I'm here. Are you okay?"

"Huh! Wuxie." He jolted realising he was tied up.

"Xiao Hua."

"He is okay. Can we now continue with our business?"

I have forgotten the fact that there was somebody else in the room. He called back my attention with a cold voice.

"What's there to say more? I won't sell a piece of land to you."

"There there. Wuxie, I know you are a man of value. You can just give up on your life. But don't you think the situation here is much more complicated. You even have a friend..."

As he speaks he walked behind Xiao Hua. The folder was in his right hand and with his left hand, he grabbed Xiao Hua's chin and pushed his head towards him. Xiao Hua screeched in pain but couldn't take himself out of that man's hold.

"...who got trapped here only because he wanted to help you. Don't you think you have to help him back? Save his life, Wuxie."

"You bastard. How dare you. Let him go. LET HIM GOOO~~~"

I yelled on top of my voice putting all my anger in it. Not because I yelled but still that man took his hands of Xiao Hua.

"So tell me what your decision. I have the papers ready. You just need to sign it."

I glared at him and the wicked smile he had on his face was something making me lose all my calm. Xiao was still in pain and he was regaining his consciousness. He looked at me try hard to speak.

"Wuxie... Don't."

"Xiao Hua!?"

"Don't let them...ruin our legacy."

With great difficulty, he said those words. I never thought to sign those paper but I'll never put someone's life in danger for it. Xiao is brave enough to face it but I was losing my calm already. Uncle, it's enough. Just come. I prayed for my uncle to put an end to it right away. The more time we stay, I felt as if it's only for losing.

"Haha... Legacy, you say. Don't you think what your ancestors made was long gone? It's all business now kid. It's the same for all the nine families."

"No. It's because you placed your men between us to stir trouble. We are still one family."

Xiao replied with great pride in his words. Xiao unlike me knows nine gates well up close. He was there to see the changes that happened among the families. For Xiao it's not the Xie family, Nine gates is his home. Even though Xiao Hua got here accidentally, now that I think of it, it's him who is more appropriate to answer people like him. Listening to Xiao Hua that man laughed it off.

"Family? It's all pride. Power. That's what your elders wanted. On that, we all are the same."

"What the hell you know? You think you can get everything with money. "

I couldn't just sit back and watch him slander us, so I yelled at him making him turn to me.

"No. But actually, you can. Buy his life Wuxie, when I'm generously giving you a chance."

I was wondering how he, without any men and weapon, come to us. But I was wrong. As he talks he took out a gun from his jacket. He didn't point it towards us but juggled it with his hands for generating the fear in us. It's already out of my hands... Aren't you satisfied enough, uncle? I glanced over Xiao to find him already looking at me. To my surprise, he gives me a faint smile as if he concluded on something.

"Wuxie... Don't worry, he won't do anything to you. By now, everyone must have noticed your absence. They will rescue you."

I understood what he was trying to say making my heart feel heavy with guilt. I was about to say no to him, but suddenly the mirror window crashed and a man fell through it, flying as if he was kicked by someone. Three of us were startled by the loud glass breaking sound. But even before we could grasp the situation, I saw a baton coming flying, aiming at the hands which the man was holding the gun. It hit hard on his hands and the gun fell on the ground somewhere among the chairs stacked up.

That man screamed in pain, whereas I and Xiao Hua exchanged glances with great shock and a little bit of pleasure. The next second Xiao Hua's eyes fell on the baton that just came flying.

"Very well." He mouthed.

♣Π♣Π♣Π♣Π♣

I didn't get enough time so I rushed for this update. I just feel sorry for missing so many days.

I hope dragging this much won't affect the story.

Stay Safe & Stay Smiling
Thank you for your support❤