Elain

"We need to go to some of the nearby villages to try to find information about where the keys are." Aelin was saying, "They are our top priority. We should split into groups and we need at least one person who can read Wyrdmarks and one person who can winnow in each group so," She scanned us all for a second. "We can have three groups. Lys, Aedion, Manon and Abraxos can be in a group. I can take Ro, Cassian, Mor, Nesta, and Dor. Everyone else goes with Elain."

Lucien looked confused.

"What are wyrdmarks?" He asked.

"They're extremely dangerous magical symbols." Aelin responded

"And Elain can... read them." He said skeptically.

"Yes I can," I smiled, "If you want, I can demonstrate on you."

He paled slightly.

"Alright," Aelin interrupted, "We can take the southeast. Lys, you all can take the southwest. Elain, you can just go south."

I nodded and turned to Rhys, "There is a city about twenty miles south of here. We can start there."

We all grabbed onto Rhys and he winnowed us to a small clearing in a forest.

Lucien started to walk out of the clearing and I lunged forwards and grabbed his arm to stop him. "What the hell do you think you're doing? You can't just walk out there, this is in human lands, we need to look human." I hissed at him.

I saw him looking at my hand on his arm and I dropped it as if it had burned me.

I turned away from him, "Feyre, can you glamour us."

She nodded, "I can't glamour our scents though, so just stay away from any guard dogs."

I felt the glamour settling over us and we looked... plain.

Beautiful, but plainer, our features duller.

Az was still beautiful, but I may be a little biased.

"Feyre, I need knives."

Feyre looked uncertain, "Elain, I don't know."

"Feyre, I'll be fine. Besides, if I cut myself, I have fae speed healing." I held out a hand and Feyre reluctantly unbuckled her two smallest knives.

I rolled my eyes, but I took them. I put one in my sheath and stuck the other one in the dirt.

"We need clothes. Rhys?" I turned to him and he made a pile appear on the floor.

"Rhysand and Feyre can go deal with the nobility, Lucien and I can go talk to the middle class, and Azriel and Elain can go talk to the poor." I smiled at Az and he rolled his eyes at me.

"I can go with Elain-" Lucien started.

"No, you're too... you." Amren said flatly, "Elain can go chat up the people in the slums, and Azriel can protect her, since you all seem to be worried about that." 

I sat down and started to rifle through the clothes as they argued.

"Why shouldn't we be worried about her?" Lucien asked.

"Because she's- she can take care of herself." I froze and saw Az tense out of the corner of my eye. Amren was going to say she's an assassin. Shit. Shit, shit shit shit shit. "I don't know if you all remember this," Amren continued, "But it was my understanding that Elain killed the King of Hybern, did she not?"

I started to toss their clothes at them.

"Amren," Rhys started, but Amren turned a burning -but still mortal- gaze onto him.