Elain

I woke up with a broad smile on my face, still trying to process what had happened only a few hours earlier.

I had kissed Az, and told him I loved him.

Az had kissed me back, and told me that he would always love me.

I couldn't get rid of the grin even if I wanted to, and I didn't want to.

I felt Feyre ease out of the bed beside me and go to the basin to wash her face. I hopped out of bed and grabbed my dark blue cloak. I made sure she didn't hear me as I strolled out of the tent.

"Ellie!" Aelin screeched, barreling towards me. Lys and Elide sprinting behind her.

They nearly talked me to the ground, stopping themselves at the last second before spinning me around and walking across the camp.

"Ellie," Aelin was saying, "This is so exciting!! I'm so happy for you."

Lys rolled her eyes, "She's been talking about this all morning," She put a hand on my shoulder, "I haven't seen her this happy since Elide and Lorcan officially mated." She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and I knew what she was implying.

I playfully shoved her shoulder, "Not yet,"

Elide leaned forwards, "So, does that mean it's going to happen."

I opened my mouth to reply, but I heard movement from behind us.

Feyre.

I turned to face her, swapping out my wild grin for a smaller, prettier one, "Good morning Feyre. Did you sleep well?"

Elide snickered and turned away.

Feyre just held her head up high, "Yes I did, Elain. Would you like to find something to eat?"

I nodded reluctantly and took a step towards her, but Aelin grabbed me by the arm and swung me back towards her.

"Nope," She put her hands on her hips, "You're coming with us. We need to go see Azzie, he'd be offended if you don't visit him after yesterday." I knew she wasn't talking about what happened in Hybern.

Lys clapped a hand over her mouth to keep from laughing and turned to whisper in Elide's ear, "After their make out session yesterday, we definitely need to go see Azzie."

I shot her a look but she just gave me a too innocent smile in return.

"Sorry Feyre," I said, my voice soft and gentle so I would hurt her feelings, "I should go see how he's doing."

By the time she nodded, we were already disappearing into his tent flaps.

Thesan was sitting next to Az's bed, slowly working on one of his wings. He looked up when he saw us enter.

"We need to talk to Az for a few minutes, could you give us some privacy," Aelin said in a saccharine sweet voice.

I walked over to the bed and kissed Az on the forehead, sitting down next to him. Aelin, Lys, and Elide walked over to us with terrifyingly sweet grins on their faces.

"So, since we like you Az, we are going to give you a simplified version of the usual speech." Aelin started, "You hurt her, you die. That's all there is too it."

Az just kissed me once on the lips, still looking at me, he told them, "I could never hurt Elain." He said a faint smile on his lips.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him again.

Then Aelin cleared her throat and we broke apart.

"Gods, is this what it was like when Rowan and I first got together."