Elain

I walked into my tent to find Nesta not there. Thank the Cauldron because I needed to talk to Az, and I didn't want any witnesses.

"Az," I called quietly. Seconds later he was standing behind me. I turned to face him slowly and he had a questioning expression on his face.

"Elain?" He asked me, clearly more than a little bit confused. 

I punched him in the face, not hard enough to bleed or leave a bruise or to really hurt, but just enough to sting. His head snapped to the side, "What the hell Az! Do you know how fucking worried I've been. I haven't so much as seen you for almost five days! Anything could've happened since then." I was pacing now, Azriel looking extremely guilty and slightly confused, "I didn't know if you were dead or if Hybern had you or if they had turned you into a valg. Nothing! You didn't even tell me you were going somewhere. I-"

Azriel cut me off, "I'm sorry Elain, I didn't think it mattered that much-"

I stopped pacing and looked him in the eye, "How could it not matter Az, you're," I couldn't say mate, I sighed, "You're my best friend, Azriel. Well, other than Nix and Bella, but they're more like my sisters they don't count. If something happened to you..." I shook my head and pulled him into a crushing hug, burying my head in his shoulder. He froze momentarily, then relaxed and gripped me back, resting his chin on my head. I breathed in his scent, and sat there for a moment, my arms wrapped around him, his arms wrapped around me. 

I reluctantly pulled back to study him, "I'm sorry about punching you in the face -well actually not really, you deserved it- but promise me, that you'll never do something like that again. You have no idea how terrified I was."

Azriel grasped my hands, "I am sorry Elain, and I promise that I will tell you if I need to go somewhere, ok?"

I nodded and we sat down on my bed, looking down at my hands. "I just can't lose you too, I've already lost everyone else. Bella and Nix are still in the human lands, I've already lost my sisters, even after I tell them, they'll never forgive me. The rest of the Inner Circle won't either, and Rhys, no matter how much he might deny it, he'll always hate me for doing that to Feyre." I shook my head again, "This is a mess, I don't know what to do."

Azriel wrapped an arm around my shoulders, "It's ok Ellie, Aelin's probably figured something out by now." We both chuckled at that, and I looked over at him staring into his eyes.

Then I heard a rustling noise from the front of the tent I looked back at Az but he was already fading, "Bye Ellie," He whispered to me.

"Bye Az," I whispered back into the now empty tent.

Nesta walked in and sat down on her bed, facing me, "We're moving out tomorrow afternoon."

I nodded and started to lie down when-

"Hey Elain," I looked over at her when I heard the cautious tone in her voice, "You know you can tell me anything, right?"

"I know." I felt a pinprick of guilt at the lie, but it was necessary.

I lay down and tried to sleep, praying to the Mother, to the Cauldron that my family would be safe. This was war, anything could happen, I was praying that it wouldn't.

I will continue

This chapter was pure fluff so, sorry about that, but the next few should actually have a plot