Azriel

I winnowed back to the townhouse and quickly ran to try and find Amren.

She's in the study with with the Book of Breathings my shadows whispered to me.

I started to run over there but I was stopped before I even took one step. Elain was standing in front of me, hands on her hips.

"I'm going with you"

"Ela-" She held a hand up to silence me.

"I need to talk to her. The Queen who has turquoise eyes, ringed with gold"

Queen?

The confusion must've been evident on my face because Elain explained, "The female, with golden hair. Her name is Aelin and she is a queen"

I nodded.

"Elain, you can tell me whatever you need her to know, and I can tell her"

"Azriel, if you're worried about my safety, don't be, we already discussed this, I am an assassin, who is now fae by the way, so I can take care of myself."

"Fine, but you're explaining this to Rhys"

She barked out a laugh, "That's easy" She tilted her head down slightly, made her shoulders curve inwards, made her eyes bigger, "I need to talk to her" she said softly, "I need to talk to the Queen Who Was Promised. I-I need to tell her myself." She straightened up, "Easy, right? How could he refuse that?"

I rolled my eyes, "We need to go get Amren she's in the study"

Amren's POV

Correction Azriel, she was in the study. 

I was thrown by what I had heard. 

Elain, quiet, fragile, broken Elain, is a powerful, confident assassin?

From what I saw back there I know it's true, but...

Azriel knows. And he didn't tell Rhys, his High Lord, he didn't tell Feyre, his High Lady and Elain's sister. Why?

I wouldn't tell them either. I would let Elain do that when she's ready, but I've never been a stickler for the rules. Azriel however....

Curious.

So very curious.

Back to Azriel POV

We looked in the study and couldn't find Amren. I went back to the foyer and she was standing there looking impatient. 

"Amren, we need to go. Rhys sent me to find you, there was a..... complication at the meeting. I'll explain more when we get there." Elain was standing behind me, not assassin Elain though, broken Elain. 

"I'm coming too. I need to tell her something. Something only I, can tell her"

Amren nodded, "Well let's go now." She said with an air of impatience.

I grabbed both of them and winnowed them back to the Night Court's sitting room in the Day Court.

I will continue