Azriel

"The trap was so easy," The King of Hybern said smugly, "I'm honestly a bit disappointed you didn't see it coming." 

Before I could even blink, Jurian shot an ash bolt through my chest and I heard Mor scream. 

All I could focus on was the pain, now starting to spread. Cassian and Rhys were dragging me between them to the throne room. Suddenly Rhysand froze and Cassian let out a vicious snarl. I tried - and failed - to lift my head up, but I caught a glimpse of Tamlin and Lucien. The fucking bastards. A growl tried to work its way up my throat but got choked down. 

I heard them talking about a bargain between Hybern and Tamlin. Then the Tool extended a hand to Feyre, "I'm taking you home."

She backed up towards where Rhys and Cass were still holding me. Hybern kept talking and I felt the Inner Circle tense. I subtly shifted a scarred, now bloody, hand towards Truth-Teller. The pain got worse and I felt Mor take the place at my side that Rhys had just left. Everything went foggy from there.

Until, that is, the four queens' (when the hell did they get here!) men dragged Elain and Nesta , gagged and bound, to the King of Hybern. Fear like I had never known poured through my veins.

Nesta was breathing hard with crazy hair, but Elain was quietly crying. She looked around the room and when her eyes landed on me I could've sworn, just for a second, that her facade cracked. Ice cold rage and terror flashed through her features, then it was gone. So slight that no one else noticed, curious. Everyone was focused on the King and I saw him smirking at me.  I could hardly lift my head and snarl back at him.

Hybern kept talking about what his plan was in regards to Feyre's sisters and I heard him mention Ianthe, the bitch. Then he cut off Feyre mid-sentence, "I would suggest bracing yourselves."

Horrific, white power exploded towards us. Cassian immediately turned, flaring is wings to cover me. 

His wings-

His wings were shredded under the wave of magic and his scream- it was the most horrific sound I had ever heard. Guilt washed over me like a tidal wave.

Elain was screaming -shrieking- at the top of her lungs. A warning. Tamlin ran for Feyre and she threw a knife at him. He dove to miss it and gaped at her as he backed away from the second one she had ready. Hybern's soldiers pressed closer and she spun around, seeing me and Cassian on the ground, Jurian laughing at Cassian's destroyed wings, the shreds that remained. She scrambled towards us, to try and heal Cass. Mor let out a scream of pure rage and ran for the king. He sent a wave of power towards her, she dodged, angled a knife in her hands, then-

My body locked up and pain, more and more came crashing down on me. I couldn't stop the cry that escaped my lips. Mor froze, her knife dropped to the floor.

Hybern stood, "What a mighty queen you are." Mor backed away from him, "What a prize" his gaze roamed over her.

I used all of my strength and lifted my head, fighting through the pain. My eyes were full of rage as I snarled at the king, "Don't you touch her."

Mor looked over at me with fear in her eyes, fear and something else I couldn't quite figure out. She kept coming, kneeled beside me and pressed a hand to my wound. I hissed in pain, but covered her fingers with my own. I tried to convey to her that she needed to kill the king. That she shouldn't let this opportunity slip away just because I could die. But she wouldn't meet my gaze and I was too weak to tell her. 

Suddenly, "Put the prettier one in first" The king looked towards Elain.

Feyre started to move, but the guards grabbed her from behind. within seconds Rhys was next to her-

I started to scream, my back arching off the ground as the poison went farther into my body. Cauldron, it hurt. It felt like someone was tearing me apart from the inside out.

"Please refrain from getting any stupid ideas, Rhysand." Hybern said while smiling at Feyre. "If any of you interfere, the shadowsinger dies." 

'So let me die,' I thought, 'Just kill the fucking king' I tried to yell at them, to scream, to do something but the words refused to come, all I could do was watch.

"Pity about the other brute's wings." The king continued. He mockingly bowed to Elain and Nesta, "Ladies, eternity awaits. Prove to their majesties the Cauldron is safe for..... strong-willed individuals."

Elain was shaking and sobbing as she was dragged towards the Cauldron. Nesta started thrashing against the men that were holding her.

Tamlin tried to make the king stop but to no avail, Elain was dragged into the Cauldron. 

I watched as her foot hit the water and she let out a piercing scream of terror. Elain's head was shoved under, and she did not come back up.

Nesta was screaming and Cass blinding lurched towards her, moaning in pain. 

Hybern bowed slightly to the queens. "Behold"

I caught Rhys curling his fingers into a fist, but he did not dare move. Not with my life on the line.

Then the Cauldron tipped over, more water than seemed possible poured out, black, smoke-coated water.

And there was Elain, so pale and delicate, washed onto the stones facedown. Elain turned to look at Feyre and her skin started to glow, she was beautiful. Elain was already breathtakingly beautiful, but now, she looked infinitely more beautiful. 

Then I saw her ears, her delicate now pointed ears. I couldn't look away. I saw Lucien giving Elain his jacket and an inexplicable amount of anger rose up within me. 

Then Nesta was poured out of the Cauldron and I felt the air in the room shift. She had stolen something from the Cauldron, Nesta had fought with it and ripped out the power, and I from the look on her face I knew that she would not give it back.

She shoved Lucien away from Elain, "Get off her!"

Nesta was holding her sister, "Elain, Elain, Elain," Cassian tried to go to Nesta as she kept saying Elain's name but his arms buckled underneath him.

I kept watching Elain and I felt something change within me. I felt the bond materialize.

Elain stared deep into the eyes of the red-haired male. His hands slackened at his sides. His voice broke as he whispered to Elain-

"You're my mate."

April 3, 2021 - I will continue