Azriel

The brisk wind of the Illyrian mountains slammed into us the moment we winnowed in. Elain and Feyre immediately started shivering, but Aelin just walked over to Rhys, "I thought you said it was going to be cold, this is nothing compared to the Staghorns," She barked a laugh, "Even a human child could go swimming in this weather."

Devlon approached us with a sneer on his face, only looking at Rhys, as if Cass and I were little more than trees surrounding them, "And who is this," He said looking at Aelin.

"I'm no one, just a helpless human." She gave an innocent smile before sauntering around Cass to where Elain was hidden behind Feyre, Nesta and Mor. Aelin and Elain were muffling their laughter as Devlon continued talking. "It's true then. The wall came down."

"A temporary failure," Rhys crooned, wearing his usual 'High Lord' clothing, without his wings out.

Rhys and Cass started giving orders about the push southwards, cold and unyielding. I just stared them all down. I hated being here, hated these people, everything about my heritage.

Elain must've felt it because she subtly took my scarred hand in her own and gave it a comforting squeeze. I squeezed back, letting her know that I was ok. She didn't drop my hand though and I didn't let go.

The other camp lords kept staring at me in rage and dread and disgust. I only leveled a lethal gaze back at them.

They talked on and on until Devlon looked over Rhys' shoulder, he scowled at Mor, he frowned at Feyre and rage boiled up in my veins.

Then he noticed Nesta. 

"What is that." Devlon asked.

Nesta just stared at him. One of the camp-lords made a sign against evil.

"That," Cassian said too quietly, "is none of your concern."

"Is she a witch."

Feyre opened her mouth, but Nesta said flatly, "Yes."

And I watched smugly as nine full-grown, weathered Illyrian warlords flinched.

"She might act like one sometimes, but no, she is High Fae," Cassian clarified, "Although, if you really wanted to meet a witch, that could be arranged."

"She is no more High Fae than we are." There was silence, then Devlon muttered, "Keep her away from the females and children."

Mor shifted, revealing Elain behind her and Devlon let out a grunt at the sight of her, Elain let go of my hand as Nesta said, "Don't be afraid of them."

Aelin had to clamp a hand over her mouth to keep from laughing. I knew that if anything, the Illyrians should be scared of her, more so than Nesta.

"Let's get something warm to drink," Feyre told her sisters, Aelin and Mor. I watched as they walked over to the war tent.

_____LINE BREAK_____

Mor winnowed Nesta and I, to the human lands, Rhys taking Feyre, Aelin and Elain, Elain already glamoured to look human.

The heat lay heavy over the estate we now faced, the stone guardhouse the only opening I could see in either direction.

The only opening in the towering stone wall rising up before us, solid as some mammoth beast, so high I had to crane my neck back to spy the spikes jutting from its top. The guards at the thick iron gates...

Rhys slid his hands into his pockets, a shield already around us. Mor and I took up defensive positions at their sides.

Twelve guards at this gate. All armed, faces hidden beneath thick helmets, despite the heat. Their bodies were equally covered in plated armor, right down to their boots.

Any of us could end their lives without lifting a hand. And the wall they guarded, the gates they held, I did not think they would last long, either.

But, if we could place wards here, perhaps set up a bastion of Fae warriors, through those open gates, I glimpsed sprawling lands, fields and pastures and groves and a lake. And beyond it, a solid, bulky fortress of dark brown stone.

Nesta had been right. It was like a prison, this place. Its lord had prepared to weather the storm from inside, a king over these resources. But there was room. Plenty of room for people.

Elain said to the guards, to the dozen arrows now pointed at her throat, "Tell Graysen that his betrothed has come for him. Tell him... tell him that Elain Archeron begs for sanctuary."

I will continue