Rhysand

I woke up to see Feyre sleeping next to me on the bed. It took a few seconds to remember what had happened. We had gone to Aelin's world and gathered more troops. They doubled our host, at the least.

I remember being near a burnout, my power almost drained. 

I remember staggering into the tent and blacking out. 

I carefully got out of bed to go check on the others. To see how the rest of the Erileans were settling in.

I stepped out of my tent and started walking when I saw motion out of the corner of my eye.

I turned to see Elain wrapping her arms around Azriel's neck. And-

I saw something in Azriel's eyes that made my jaw drop. It was...

Love. 

I had never seen that much of love on him. It wasn't that familial love that I saw around the Inner Circle.

No this was pure, romantic love. But-

Elain had a mate. Even if she did love him, it wouldn't be true love, some part of her would always belong to Lucien. I couldn't let that happen to my brother, Az has been through so much, he deserves better. 

And what about Mor, I've seen how they are together, we all have.

I carefully reached into his mind, just deep enough to talk to him.

Azriel, I called out to him when their lips were just inches apart. He froze.

Azriel, I called again. I could tell that he was sending his shadows to figure out where I was.

The war tent. I made sure that unrelenting command filled every inch of my voice. Now.

I saw Az put his hands on her shoulders and take a small step back.

I saw a frown appear on her face, confusion flickering through her features.

"This was a mistake," I heard him say hoarsely, I winnowed to the war tent and sat down at the desk.

I forced fury onto my face as he appeared, "Are you out of your mind?" I asked him softly.

I saw a frozen mask appear on his face and it killed me that I was the reason it was there.

"I don't know what you're talking about," He said simply.

I let my power ripple outwards, "I'm talking about you. About to kiss Elain." I snarled, "Who has a mate, by the way."

He stiffened, and I could feel his cold rage rising to the surface.

I plowed on, "What of Mor, Az?"

"Mor-" He stopped and I saw something like realization and annoyance flash through his eyes.

He studied me for a second, before saying, "What if the Cauldron was wrong. Lucien will never be good enough for her, she hates him anyway."

"So you'll what? Seduce her away from him," I hated saying this, I absolutely hated it.

Az didn't say anything, though a muscle flickered in his jaw.

"Allow me to make one thing very clear. You are to stay away from her." I growled at him.

I saw the slightest bit of panic flash in his eyes. So slight that I don't think he even noticed.

"You can't order me to do that." He said hoarsely.

"Oh, I can. And I will. If Lucien finds out that you're pursuing her," Cauldron damn me, "He has every right to defend their bond as he sees fit. Including invoking the Blood Duel."