Elain

As they led us inside, Aelin paled slightly at all of the iron in the room. I wrapped an arm around her as we started at the shut iron door. I could feel rage and anger bubbling up in me.

Both Azriel and Aelin noticed, I felt a shadow coming up to me, Elain? What's wrong.

You can leave your shadow here and listen in while I explain to Aelin.

"Elain, are you ok?" Aelin was asking softly.

"I'm just angry, Graysen was in the habit of.... forcing his servants. One of the many reasons why I was more than happy to accept, especially because of what happened with Bella. I was planning to kill him a few weeks ago, but then the Cauldron happened and I was taken over to Prythian. He- I need to kill him, I want to kill him even." I turned to face Aelin.

She just nodded.

"Two dozen guards," Az murmured to Rhys, he glanced over at me, understanding in his gaze, I nodded almost imperceptibly, "And Lord Graysen and his father, Lord Nolan."

I went still as a doe, anger and bloodlust once again rising in me, Aelin leaned closer to me, "Later." She whispered, and I understood, we would kill him, maybe not now, but he would die by our hands.

The door banged open and a panting Graysen burst into the room. I couldn't stop the small sound of rage that burst out of me. As he gasped for breath he scanned me from head to toe. He staggered a step towards me-

But a broad, scar-flecked hand (not as scar-flecked as mine or Aelin's) gripped the back of his armor, hauling him to a stop.

"What is the meaning of this," Nolan said as they all stared at him beneath lowered brows.

I started shaking with fury, "Sir, Lord Nolan," I trailed off trying to compose myself as Aelin squeezed my hand.

To any onlookers, it would seem to be a comforting gesture, but I knew Aelin was trying to suppress a smile at the fact that they all thought they needed to protect me. That I was a lovesick child.

"The wall has come down." Nesta stepped up to my other side.

Graysen looked at Nesta. Shock flared at what he beheld, the ears, the beauty, the otherworldly power that thrummed around her. "How," His voice was low and raspy.

"I was kidnapped," Nesta answered coolly, not one flicker of fear in her eyes. "I was taken by the army invading these lands and turned against my will."

"How," Nolan echoed.

"There is a Cauldron, a weapon. It grants its owner power to, do such things. I was a test." Nesta then launched into a sharp, short explanation of the queens, of Hybern, of why the wall had fallen.

When she finished Lord Nolan only demanded, "And who are your companions?"

I knew that it was a gamble for them to say who they really were. The humans were terrified of the fae, let alone a High Lord.

Feyre stepped forward. "My name is Feyre Archeron. I am High Lady of the Night Court. This is Rhysand, my husband." Rhys came to her side. Some of the guards shifted and murmured with terror. Some flinched at the hand Rhys lifted, to gesture behind him. "Our third in command, Morrigan. And our spymaster, Azriel."

Graysen blanched, but remained steady. "Elain," Graysen breathed. "Elain, why are you with them?"

"Because she is our sister," Nesta answered, "And there is no safer place for her during this war than with us."

"Graysen, we've come to beg you," I whispered, shooting a pleading glance at his father. "Both of you, Open your gates to any humans who can get here. To families. With the wall down, we, they believe, there is not enough time for an evacuation. The queens will not send aid from the continent. But here, they might stand a chance."