Manoj now understood that there were no loopholes for him to escape. He was blocked from all directions so he decided to confess the truth. "Yess I was the reason for Anjali's death !! Yes it was me who killed her'' and started laughing like a madman.

"I killed Anjali, yes it was me" Manoj kept on muttering.

"Why? What was your motive behind it? Is it because she didn't love you in return?" Lakshmi asked him. Manoj stopped laughing and looked at Arjun with blood shot eyes!

"I tampered with the brake to kill Arjun, not Anjali!! But my Anjali fell into the trap" Manoj finally confessed and then started crying. "Anjali only saw me as a friend but I loved her. I wanted Anjali no matter what and Arjun was the first obstacle. I had to kill him to make Anjali mine!! I thought Arjun will divorce Anjali after finding out about her affair with Vihan but Arjun did not. Instead he tried to get her pregnant. This made my blood boil. Because Anjali and I were close friends, she had told me about all this. Anjali wanted to escape from her prison like life with Arjun. So even if she can't be mine, at least I wanted her to be happy with Vihan" Manoj finally confessed the truth.

"Manoj, I have one more question. I know it was you who made Anjali's brother and father file a case against Arjun because they have made it clear in their statement now. But tell me one thing, why did you do it even after knowing it was you who killed Anjali?" Lakshmi asked him clutching tightly onto his collars.

"Vihan asked me to befriend Anjali's brother and complain as he didn't know it was I, who killed her" Manoj muttered.

"Stop cooking up lies once again Manoj!! How can a dead person make you do it?" Lakshmi asked him in anger. Lakshmi had a headache now speaking to Manoj.

"Who said he is dead? He is alive. Not just Vihan but Vihan's and Anjali's baby as well. It was Vihan who made me do all this. It was Vihan who asked me to get Anjali's phone. If you want to know more, go and fucking ask him!!" Manoj screamed in anger and guilt.

Everyone's eyes widened in shock

"No he is not alive!!! I witnessed his funeral! This is not true!! Stop lying" Arpana said, tightly clutching onto Neria's hands.

"He is alive!!" Manoj replied and stood firmly to his statement. "The whole funeral scene was a drama!! Vihan's coffin was never opened that day, right? So how can you be so confident that it was Vihan who was in the coffin?" Manoj questioned Arpana. But Arpana was not able to answer Manoj because she can understand what he's asking her is correct.

Arpana wanted to cry but no tears were coming so she stared blankly onto the walls whilst feeling her heart break into li million pieces. Sometimes there is nothing more dangerous than silence....

Somehow Arjun felt threatened to know Vihaan was alive...

"Manoj be ready to answer more questions about Vihan's whereabouts. Prakash, lock this idiot back into the cell" Lakshmi said loudly.

Lakshmi slowly walked upto Arjun. Lakshmi wasn't even able to look at Arjun's eyes due to the guilt and embarrassment. "I know sorry is not the answer to the pain, distress and agony I've caused you but Arjun, I am extremely sorry!" Arjun lifted his head and looked at Lakshmi. Seeing Arjun's red, puffy eyes made Lakshmi extremely guilty. In life Arjun had gone through a lot. Lakshmi only increased his pain by adding fuel to his problems.

"You do not need to apologise to me madam. Even if It did cause pain, what you did finally brought out the truth. At least I don't need to live like a fool anymore... Everything happens for a reason. If these events did not happen, the way it did, my brother would not have submitted the evidence and I would have continued living like an idiot still loving a person who just wanted me to die" Arjun said looking at Deepak but Deepak just shook his head.

"Can I go now?" Arjun asked Lakshmi in a cracked tone. "Mmm yes. Once again I am sorry Arjun and Arpana" Lakshmi replied but Arjun did not bother to reply. He slowly walked up to Arpana's direction and caught her wrist in his hand. Arpana looked up at Arjun displaying a wide range of expressions. They both looked each other in the eyes for a few seconds. Arjun then tightened his grip on Arpana's hands and he started walking outside with her to leave but he was stopped by Anjali's family.

"Arjun, we can understand the agony and pain you just went through because of our daughter. We knew about Anjali's affair with Vihan well before you married her. My wife and I were shocked when we found out that Anjali was also dating you. We didn't want your life to be spoiled. The only mistake we made is, we didn't confront her about cheating on you. We should've told her that we knew that she's cheating on you then these things wouldn't have happened. Eventually she eloped with you. This is why we cut all ties with our daughter. When she came home that day, we confronted her and threw her out of the house. If only we locked her in the house, she wouldn't have died. We are sorry for filing the case against you and for everything!! Manoj made us misunderstand you so much" ...but before Anjali's father could complete Arjun stopped him.

"There is no need toapologise uncle. The truth is finally all out because you filed that caseagainst me. I have no grudge against anyone because my inner peace is moreimportant to me than anything. Holding a grudge and anger against people willonly decrease my inner peace. It may take a long time for me and Arpana to healbut we will eventually come out of this depressive phase and hopefully start anew life" Arjun replied looking at Arpana's eyes with a tad bit of hope inhis eyes . Arpana too looked back at Arjun but she was damaged beyond repairfor her to process anything that was happening around her. Her Vihan was stillalive but she was wishing that she would've been happier if he wasn't afterknowing all this.

..................................................................

"ONE DAY YOU'RE GOING TO REMEBER ME AND HOW MUCH I LOVED YOU ...
THEN YOU'RE GOING TO HATE YOURSELF FOR LETTING ME GO"

..................................................................

Hello everyone, I am back once again with this chapter ...
How is everyone feeling about the new twists and turns ?

Do you guys believe Vihaan is alive along with his and Anjali's child?

If Vihaan is alive could he come back to Arpana ?

If Vihaan does come back to Arpana how might Arpana or Arjun  react ? Will Arpana accept Vihaan back into her life ?

So what do you all think about Manoj's role in Anjali's death ? Luckily Arjun is proven innocent just because of Deepak and the evidence !

So now everyone is clear why Arjun hates his mother right? What you think of this ? Do you think Arjun was ignorant and a fool to love Anjali blindly without thinking about his worth?

Opinion on Lakshmi Prasad ? Is what she did right ?

Felt so happy with the love and support i received in my last chapter. Thank you everyone!! ❤ I would also like to thank kiki8775 for helping me building this story and editing chapters for me !!

I hope all my readers are safe and healthy !! Difficult times are going to everyone please do be careful ❤