36. The great plan

Start from the beginning

"Then what to do?"

"You don't need to do anything. I'm just saying this to you so that there won't be any unnecessary panics later. You can handle your brothers."

He wasn't convinced at all. I could feel it.

"It's dangerous for you, that's why brother didn't want you to go outside."

"I know. But see, if they wanted me to die, that kid could shot me there at the inauguration. But he didn't. Why so? Because they want me alive. So don't worry."

"Okay."

"Then... I'll go."

I got up and took the bag that I had already packed, and the wedding suit which was still in its bag.

"See you tomorrow. For tonight, just dream how handsome I would look tomorrow."

I said it smiling at him. He stood up and walked to the door.

"Where are you going?"

"Drop you."

"No. I can go by myself."

"How?"

Pangzi was waiting for me outside the gates of Zhang mansion. I just need to walk there.

"Pangzi. I called him. He is my grandma's man too, you know it. I'm going there."

"Oh. So you already prepared everything."

I could feel the letdown in his words. But today, I had no ways to attend to him.

"Xiao ge. Trust me."

"You go. I'll see you tomorrow."

He gave me a faint smile, well if I say that was the brightest smile I had ever got from him. It was beautiful yet painful. I didn't move for some time even after he said to go. I stared at him, thinking twice about going. I was having an internal conflict and of course, the side of me who want to go had an upper hand. But then I noticed something. Xiao go had his hands raised to his hip then putting down again raising it, all nervous. What is he doing? Did he want to...hug? It made my heart flutter. I opened my hands wide and nodded my head once signalling him to come. I got butterflies in my stomach just like I had for the first time when I saw him. Just the thought of him running to me and embracing me got me goosebumps.

But,

Instead of running to me and hug, he pulled to a hug grabbing my neck making me crash into his strong body. I was shorter than him so it made him easy to dip my head in the crook of his neck. He put one hand around my waist and the other patting the back of my head. Let me be honest, I liked it more than anything.

I returned the hug, wrapping my hands around him tightly and burying my head deep into his neck side. I wanted to drop the suit to free my hand but, no it's my precious wedding suit. Don't know how long I stayed in his embrace. Even if it was him who wanted a hug, but now it was more like it was me who wanted it more than anything. I smiled like an idiot thinking how he was hesitating to hug me and then pulling me to him. He is so manly. I don't want to go now. I cried internally.