44 💫

Avery's POV

I slowly opened my eyes to the sight of a sleeping jay.

He was laying beside me and considering the size of our couch there wasn't too much space yet we made it fit.

I glanced at the wall clock and saw that it was currently 9 pm.

I should get up, I thought

But before I did, I couldn't help but examine his features.

He seemed so peaceful sleeping. I unconsciously smiled as I slowly poked his cheeks.

Okay, time to get up.

I was about to get up but got startled by a pair of arms that took hold of me, pulling me close.

"Let's stay like this for a while" Jay spoke with his morning voice and I allowed myself to relax a bit.

I later hugged him back and we stayed that way.

Once we broke the hug we both sat up. I started rubbing my eyes, still a little sleepy.

"I'm sorry"

Jay spoke which resulted in me looking at him.

Right. Here comes the talk

I looked away

"I'm sorry for leaving you that night. I was caught up in a scheme and I'll forever regret that I left you"

A scheme? Did he get fooled?

"I'd never leave you if it was for something stupid. I'd never leave you in thin air like that. If you're still upset with me, then that's okay take all the time you need, but know that it was never my intention to hurt you"

"I'd never hurt you"

I looked at him and felt how genuine his words are.

I smiled "It's okay. I'm sure you had your reasons. I guess I just needed a little time but I'm no longer upset

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm"

He smiled widely and celebrated at his seat before hugging me again.

"I'm glad"

-

"Okay, your turn," I said as I successfully removed a wooden block and placed it at the top as we played the game of Jenga.

"Done," he said as he played his turn

I looked at the pile of blocks before deciding to take out one. Unfortunately once I did the pile of blocks collapsed

"Noo!" I said in horror

Jay laughed and raised his hands high "I WIN! you know what that means" he raised a brow

I coughed in an exaggerating manner "I'm still sick though" acting cutely as I slump down on my seat

"We checked your temperature earlier, you're fine," he said not buying it.

I sighed before getting up "Fine, I'll wash the dishes" I rolled my eyes

He laughed and clapped his hands happily before seating on the couch about to watch a show.