23 💫

"Wake up. We're here" I hear Sunoo say as he tapped my shoulder to wake me up.

I opened my eyes and did a little stretch.

I looked at the window and saw that we indeed have arrived at our camping location.

We all started to get our things and eventually left the bus.

-

The moment we arrived we immediately set up our tents.

We were told to bring our own tents so Mia and I decided to bring a big one for us to share.

Yes, a big tent for just two people.

We then did some activity that was required by the school and it was later time to cook for dinner.

"Students, if any of you would like to help with the cooking then don't be ashamed to step forward and help out" Mr. Lee says.

I was looking around and noticed that no one stepped forward.

Though I'm not the best at it, the thought of cooking was fun to me.

With that thought, I stepped forward and walked in Mr. Lee's direction.

The moment I reached him, Jay reached him too in sync with me.

I looked at him in surprise, but he didn't look my way.

He's been so cold lately, I thought to myself and felt a pang in my heart.

Of course, he'd act this way. You never answered him. I reminded myself.

"Sir, I'd like to help out with the cooking" Jay says with determination.

"I'd like to help out too if that's okay" I say in a whisper, losing confidence now that Jay stepped forward too.

"Who among you can cook better?" Mr. Lee asks.

I stopped at that.

"Me"

I looked at Jay in surprise.

"Trust me. I'm a way better cook than her. Tested and proven."

"Someone's being cocky" I say getting frustrated.

"Oh, I cook good meals, for sure."

He looks at me

"I mean, you said so yourself. Remember?" he smirks.

I bit my lip in annoyance. I wanna slap that amusement out of his face.

"So we're talking about the past now?" I say raising an eyebrow.

"Stop. I'm gonna lose my brain cells if any of you say another word" Mr. Lee says, as he massages his temple.

"Fine. Since both of you want to cook so bad, then both of you can do it" Mr. Lee concluded.

"Follow me" he says.

-

I began to grill the meat.

I wore a headband to make sure none of my hair falls into the food. I rolled up my sleeves as well.