7 💫

It's been 2 weeks since Jay left for America. Again. When he told me he was leaving I could almost hear my heartbreak. He's done it before, promised he won't do it again, yet he did.

Ever since he left he hasn't contacted me. Not a single call, not even a single text. I went to the airport with him that day. I wanted to see him before he left. And he treats me this way?

I take a deep breath. I'm trying my best to trust him because I told him I will, but how can I hold on this way when he doesn't tell me a single thing? I even texted him to call me when he arrives, but still, nothing. I'm getting a sense of déjà vu.

I'm currently in bed, reading a book as a distraction. I didn't want to be buried with thoughts of him. Most especially, I didn't want to cry, not again.

As I was peacefully reading my book, my mom knocks on my door.

"Hey honey, can u wash the dishes for me? My boss called me and asked me to work today. I need to head over right away" my mom says.

"Sure. I'll be down in a bit" I stood up from my comfy bed.

I looked like a mess, but it didn't matter since I don't have the energy to do anything about it. Instead of worrying about my appearance, I opened the door of my room and headed downstairs.

As I took my last step on the stairs I went right away to the dishes and I somehow felt eyes on my back, as if someone was watching me.

I looked back to check if I was just hallucinating but later got surprised.

"Surprise!" I hear the people of the room say. I see my parents, Mia and Sunoo gathered in the living room with a cake and balloons plastered on the wall that spelled "Happy Birthday" and so it hit me.

Oh, right. It's my birthday today. I almost forgot.

Before I could react Mia ran to me and went for a hug.

"Happy Birthday my little bean!" she squishes my cheeks.

"Thanks, I don't know what to say," I say smiling.

Sunoo headed my way as well "We knew you weren't feeling so well, so we decided to come here and surprise you for your special day." He says with a big smile on his face.

I and Sunoo have gotten a lot closer because of the broadcasting club. He's helped me a lot and he has such a pure soul. I just know he'll make a girl really happy one day.

Mia is cool with him too. For the first time, Mia actually approves of a person to hang out with us. I mean who wouldn't approve of Sunoo? He's the sweetest person out there.

"Did you guys plan this?" I asked.

"Partially, It was your parents who really wanted to surprise you." I looked at my parents and saw them smiling at me.

"Mom, I thought you had to go to work?" I asked.

"There's no work. That was just a way for you to come down, hon." she laughs.

My dad brings the cake to me and they started to sing me a happy birthday. I made a wish and blew the candle.

They applaud and cheered for me. My dad hugs me and greets me with a happy birthday, and as all this was going on, I felt pure bliss.

How can I be worried about Jay when I got these amazing people with me. I started to get teary-eyed but I stopped myself from crying. I want to enjoy this day with the people I love.

After the surprise, Mia, Sunoo, and I headed up to my room. We were just chilling in my room and having a conversation.

"I brought you a gift" Sunoo says as he hands me a small box. I thanked him and proceeded to open the box.

As I did, I saw a silver necklace with a microphone as its pendant. It looked so simple and unique.

"Before you say anything else, I just thought that giving you this necklace will give you enough courage to speak out your feelings and thoughts. I know how you struggle with them and I know that you're going through some stuff that you don't talk about with me and Mia. I just hope that this can be a way of encouragement and comfort for you that you are strong and that you're capable of things" he says smiling

"Oh, and it also symbolizes our friendship since we became friends thanks to the club" he laughs. I laughed along with him and unconsciously started to cry.

Mia and Sunoo were surprised by my sudden state.

Mia pushes Sunoo's shoulders "Great! now look what you've done"

I shake my head and they both looked at me, waiting for what I'd say next. "I'm not hurt. I'm just really happy. I really am. You guys are so patient with me and I really don't know what I did to deserve you guys."

They looked at me and they started to get teary-eyed as well. "Okay, now you're making me cry" Mia says as she dramatically wiped her tears. We all laughed and hugged each other.

After a while, we decided to eat outside and go for a walk. We ate pasta at my favorite restaurant and had some street food afterward. Sunoo and Mia then headed home and I went home as well.

-

It is currently 10 pm and I'm getting ready for bed. My day went unexpectedly well and It never would have happened if it wasn't for my friends.

My days were usually just filled with thoughts of Jay and what could possibly be the reason for his constant disappearance. But today was different, I haven't thought about Jay the whole day.

As I was about to go to bed I heard my phone ringing. I checked to see who it was and almost dropped my phone.

Jay Incoming call

Lots of love :)
- ims