37 💫

Sunoo's POV

"I'm home" I announced as I entered my home after a quick stop from the grocery store.

"Hi honey, did you buy what I asked you to buy?" my mother asked.

"Yup, here u go," I said as I placed the grocery bag on top of our kitchen counter.

"Thank you, hon, I'll call you when lunch is ready"

I smiled at my mom and kissed her on the cheek before heading up to my room.

I decided to do my morning skincare routine. I wasn't able to do it earlier since I had to go to the grocery store.

As I was doing so I heard a notification from my phone

I checked to see and I saw it was our broadcasting club group chat. they were discussing prom and they were saying how Avery came up with an idea for our preparation.

Once I saw her name in the group chat, I allowed a sigh to escape me.

I haven't talked to her for weeks now and it's all my fault.

It's not that I was angry at her for not kissing me back, I was angry at myself more than anything.

I made her uncomfortable, it was the last thing I wanted her to feel.

So I ignored her because after the incident every time I looked at her I remember my stupid actions.

I closed my phone and put it away as I continued doing my skincare routine.

Just when I was done I heard a doorbell.

I quickly stood up to check who it was since I knew my mom is busy cooking.

"I'll get it"

I made my way downstairs and opened the door to check who it was

Once I opened it I closed it back almost immediately as my eyes widened at who was standing behind the door.

"Sunoo I know you're in there. Please open up"

Avery spoke as she continues to knock on the door.

Panicking, I looked around thinking of what kind of excuse I can say to let her go away

"Think you stupid brain, think!" I whispered to myself.

"You can't come inside," I said loud enough for her to hear

"Why not?"

"Our doorknob is broken"

I cursed myself mentally.

"But you just opened the door? how can it be broken?"

"Oh that was like a few minutes ago but now it's broken"

I looked at my mom and saw how she had a confused expression on her face, I simply smiled at her and did a peace sign.

"Then can I enter through the back door?"