16 💫

I wait as Jay gets the keys to his home. He ruffles through his things looking for his key.

Before we arrived here, I called my parents and told them where I was heading too. They allowed me to go but said I had to be home by 8. It's currently 6, so there was plenty of time for me and Jay to prepare and have dinner together.

"Come in" Jay says as he opens the door of his house.

Nervous, I entered his house and looked at how pretty and big it was. Just by his house I just knew that Jay is filthy rich.

Considering I've known Jay almost all my life, this is actually the first time I've been to his house. First, because he was in America most of the time, and second because when we were kids we'd play a lot outside, which was only natural.

"Please wait here, I'll get changed real quick" Jay says. I nodded at that as he leaves and enters his room.

When he left I noticed his phone placed at the table. The screen was facing down so I could only see the picture at the back of his phone.

I picked his phone up to see the picture clearly. To my surprise, it was a picture of me from the amusement park.

I was smiling so brightly. I then remembered our conversation that day.

"Hey, I wasn't ready"
"It's better if I didn't tell you" he replies. "Why?" I asked.
"Because that way, your smile wouldn't have been natural."

I unconsciously smiled at that. I guess Jay was right, my smile does look natural here. Other than that fact, I felt happy knowing that he keeps a picture of me at the back of his phone. He must have developed the picture just for this. I laughed, what a hustle.

"What are you laughing at?" I hear as Jay enters the living room.

I jolt in surprised "Oh, it's nothing. Should we start?"

"You don't have to do anything. Just sit there and I'll do the work" He smiles, as he was wearing an apron and preparing to cook.

I didn't want to argue with him, so I just sat down and waited for him to finish cooking.

-

After a while, I could already smell the food and its deliciousness. I stood up from the living room and entered the kitchen, searching for the food Jay was preparing.

There I saw it. It looked so tasty, I could feel my stomach growling. I looked at it as if it was the best thing in this world.

Jay looked at me, noticing how I was looking at the food intensely.

"Stop. You're scaring the food"

I snapped back to reality and started getting embarrassed.

Jay laughs at that and then prepares the table, I then followed and help him.

We sat down at the dining area, now with the food prepared. "Let's eat?" Jay suggests and I nodded almost immediately.

I took the first bite and the moment I did, I felt like I didn't want to eat anything else unless it was made by this man sitting across from me.

I looked at Jay with a surprising look as I munch on the food.

He noticed and starts smiling amusingly. "I know, it's great."