21 💫

Warning: This chapter includes violence and sensitive topics.

Today was a Sunday and I decided that I'd stay at home.

It's been weeks since the heartbreaking conversation with Jay. I do still cry at night but I was getting better, at least I thought I did.

Binge-watching movies and eating a bag of chips and a bucket of ice cream for the whole day is what I thought was me "getting better".

Okay, maybe I'm not getting better at all. I was just trying to convince myself that I am.

I was watching The Fault in Our Stars as I was eating a bag of cheese-flavored Doritos.

It was the scene where Hazel Grace was reading the letter Augustus left for her. It was such a heartbreaking letter, it would make anyone cry into a puddle of tears.

"Okay, Hazel Grace?" I hear Augustus' voice as he dictated the letter he wrote for Hazel.

"Okay" I replied in sync with Hazel in the movie, remembering her response after watching the movie for the nth time.

As I said that I started sobbing.

"Why does this movie have to be so damn sad!" I wipe my tears and started sobbing loudly.

As I was wiping my tears I noticed I was still wearing the bracelet Jay gave me. The man has the other pair of matching bracelets.

My expression changed into an angry one.

"Stupid Jay. Buying me bracelets out of nowhere" I say as I remove the bracelet from my wrist.

"Why don't you give this to your so-called friend and live happily ever after with her!" I say as I harshly threw the bracelet at the floor.

"Oh and while you're at it, why don't you two get married and maybe start a family. You'll like that right? Right, Charlotte?! You stupid hoe!" I scream at the bracelet now on the floor and no longer at my wrist.

I started sobbing once again remembering how sad the movie was as someone enters my room.

"Your favorite person is here- oh my are you okay?!" Mia enters the room with a backpack, she lets it fall to the floor as she saw me bawling my eyes out.

She immediately walked my way and tries to calm me down.

"Hey it's okay, let it out" she says as she rubs my back to calm me down.

I sniffed as I started to cry once again "I just don't understand how he would disappear all of a sudden, after everything." I say in between my sobs.

"The trip, the lovely dinner, all the memories, but now he's gone!" I say wiping my tears.

"Wait what. You went on a trip with Jay?" she asks, now confuse.

"Jay?" I asked back "I'm not talking about Jay, I'm talking about this damn movie" I say trying to calm myself down.

Mia checked my laptop and so it hit her. She shakes her head with the awareness of the amount of time I've watched that movie.

"What brings you here" I say, sniffing in between my words.

"Sunoo told me about that one afternoon in school. You also haven't been responding to him and to any of my texts. We're worried about you, Ave" she says, worried.