18 💫

I was walking to school with a heavy feeling in my heart.

Turns out Charlotte is Jay's friend from America. Jay told me they were pretty close since they spent a lot of time together when they were in the states.

Her appearance was not one I enjoyed, but Jay seemed happy being around her. I wonder, is friends all they were?

I arrived at school and went straight to my locker. As I was grabbing my books for my morning classes, I saw Niki pass by the hallway.

He was wearing earphones and seemed like he was heading to class. He noticed me looking at him so he halts from his walk and headed my way instead.

"Hey. How are you?" Niki asks.

I looked at him slightly confused "Why all of a sudden?"

"Oh, nothing really. You know with Charlotte being around, it must be hard for you" he says as he was leaning on the lockers with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Wow. Word spreads fast." I say.

He chuckles at that "You do know she enrolled in this school right?"

I sighed at him reminding me "I am aware. I mean, there's nothing really to worry about. They're just friends." I say as if I was trying to convince myself.

Niki's eyebrows raised at that "Just friends?"

"Yup..just friends" I say slowly as I left and headed to my classroom.

-

It's currently recess time and I was reading a book as I was eating a snack I brought from home.

I usually head to the cafeteria and buy snacks with Mia, but this book I was reading was at its climax. The events are way too intense, I need to know what happens next.

As I was reading, I overheard my classmates' conversation. They were seated a few seats in front of me.

"Remember when we used to get scolded a lot in class for always messing up and being too playful?" Charlotte laughs remembering her time with Jay in the states.

"Yeah I do" Jay laughs "We used to do silly things at school, Mr. Park would always scold us" he says, remembering.

"Exactly! Even though we were in so much trouble, we still did have a lot of fun" She laughs and Jay followed.

I looked at their laughing state. It saddened me a bit, but I didn't want to be that girl. So I just let them enjoy without getting any ideas.

"I want to buy some snacks, but I don't really know the way to the cafeteria yet" I hear Charlotte say with a sad tone.

"It's okay. I'll buy something for you. Wait here" I hear Jay say to her as he stood up, about to leave the class to buy some snacks.

"Thanks, JJ!"

JJ? That's a first.

"Wow. You two seem very close" a classmate of mine who was seated close to Charlotte speaks.

"Thanks. I've known him for so long, you know. He's always kind towards me" she says proudly.

"Maybe not as long as he's known Avery" my classmate says back and I almost choked at my sandwich.

I hurriedly grab my water bottle and started chugging it.

"What?" Charlotte says raising an eyebrow. Her proud face no longer there.

"Avery. She and Jay are always around each other. They might even be a couple. I totally support it!" my classmate says excitedly.

Charlotte just simply stared at her with a blank expression as I was hoping I would disappear right there and then out of embarrassment.
Why did I have to hear this? I screamed internally.

"Anyway, imma go buy some snacks too! Goodbye Charlotte" my classmate stands up and leaves the class. Now only left with me and Charlotte.

I tried to ignore what I just heard and so I focused on the book I was reading.

I felt Charlotte's gaze at me. She then stands up from her seat and walked in my direction. She takes a seat across from me.

"You seem busy" she says, trying to bother me.

"Yes, I am so I'd appreciate it if you don't talk to me." I smile slightly.

"What a brat" she says, pretty annoyed.

I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed "Excuse me?"

"You heard me" she says as she crosses her arms over her chest.

I scoff "I guess yesterday was just an act then. Acting all kind. You didn't have to be so plastic."

Without saying a word she intensely cups my face with one hand and started to move my face from side to side, examining my appearance.

"What a shame. I can't believe JJ went from a gorgeous woman like me to an awful-looking nerd like you" she says disappointed.

I held her wrist and pushed it away from my face.

"You're only saying that because you wished he was head over heels for you. Just to remind you, you guys are just friends. That's all there is." I say back.

"And you think you guys are something more?"
she says, laughing sarcastically.

My face went pale with what she said.

"As far as I know, you didn't even answer the poor man. This is why Jay should have stuck with me." she says trying to anger me.

"I would have treated him a lot better than you did" she says proudly.

I laughed sarcastically at what she said "I mean I wouldn't blame Jay for not picking you. With that sickening attitude of yours? You must have scared him off."

"But I received the flowers." she says.

I looked at her, confused.

"I received the flowers you wished you had. I was the one he talked to all night. I was the one who stole his first kiss"

I feel my eyes tearing up out of anger. I was shaking.

"And you?" she laughs "Nothing. Because whatever he did to you, he did to me first." she says sharply.

"You will never be in my level. Not in anyone's eyes, and most especially not in Jay's" she said those words, words that sent daggers to my heart.

Her phone then started to ring "Oh, speaking of" she shows me the incoming call that showed JJ on her phone screen. She smiles at me, trying to piss me off. I hate to admit it, but it was working.

She stands up and leaves the room. Left me feeling shattered by the burning words that left her lips.

Lots of love :)
- ims

if you liked this chapter then go ahead and give it a vote ! ^-^