24 💫

"Can we talk?"

I say without properly thinking through the words that left my lips.

Jay simply looked at me. This act made my palms sweat, as my heart and mind an anxious one.

"What is it?"

I took a deep breath and spoke.

"About the other day, thank you" I say as my uncontrollable fidgeting once again began.

He stood there, looking at me. Waiting for what I had to say next.

"I was really scared that night. So, thank you for saving me. I never had the chance to thank you" I say, genuinely.

Thinking back to the day he saved me from a creepy man as I was on my way home from a store.

It was silent for a minute until he spoke.

"I'd do that for anyone"

I looked at him confused.

"I didn't help you because it was you that was in trouble. Don't think you're special" He says with all seriousness, without even a hint of affection.

With those words said, I felt a stab in my heart. For a moment there, I thought things could be better with Jay. For a moment, I thought he still had feelings for me.

I was wrong.

I looked away, avoiding his eyes. Afraid that he'd see the pain through it.

"Is there anything else you have to say?"

I could feel my hands shaking and my eyes getting teary, trying my best to not break down in front of him.

"No" I say, almost a whisper as I walked past him and back to the camp site.

Tears running down my face as I no longer can keep it in.

I guess this is where it ends.

-

The game ended with me in tears.

Everyone returned back to the camping site and started to get ready for bed.

Some went to sleep early, a few played a little more games and I, on the other hand, decided to sit outside to have time for myself.

I felt like I needed it.

Mia is sleeping at the moment. Mia and Ni-ki were spending most of the camping trip together. I didn't want to bother her so I didn't tell her about the incident. I also wanted to let her have time for Ni-ki and for herself.

"Ms. Jung. Don't stay up too late" Mr. Lee says.

"I'll keep that in mind. Goodnight Sir" I say trying to reassure him.

Though I don't think I will be able to since there are a lot of thoughts running through my mind.

My eyes are red from all the crying while my nose was stuffed for the same reason.

I was sitting on a camping chair with fire across from me to keep me warm. I was wearing boots and a padded jacket. Sadly, my jacket had no pockets on it which resulted to be freezing.

I sigh. Honestly, can this day get any worse?

"What are you doing here all alone?" I hear Sunoo's voice as he gets a camping chair while walking in my direction.