31 💫

note: play the vid above while reading this chapter ;)

We were then in a car on the way to wherever our heart desired.

It was a spontaneous trip. Jay drove as Sunday Morning by Maroon 5 played on the radio.

We felt so relaxed as we softly sang along whilst feeling the chilly wind blowing through our faces.

"Sunday morning, rain is falling. Steal some covers, share some skin" Jay softly sang along as he places a hand on the wheel.

I hear his whispering singing as he slowly touched my hand with the other. This made me look at him and simply smile at his side profile.

"Jay, let's go see the city light" I suggested and that's exactly what we did.

He parked the car in a high area, high enough for us to get a good view of the city.

We sat on top of the car to take a better look at the view.

I sat there with my knees over my chest. Jay by my side, looking at peace than I've ever seen him these past few days.

If only we could just stay this way. If only I could stop time and enjoy this irreplaceable moment for the rest of my life.

"Isn't it beautiful?" I say as I see the breathtaking view ahead of us.

I slowly felt Jay's gaze at me

"Yeah, very beautiful" he says.

I inhaled a good amount of fresh air and can't help but feel so much comfort at that moment. I hope Jay feels the same way too.

"Wait here" Jay spoke before he hopped off the car and in to get something that later turned out to be a marker.

He returned and took a seat next to me.

"Let's make a promise"

He says as he slowly took my hand.

"I know we haven't exactly figured things out yet between us" he started

He slowly drew on my ring finger, which later turned out to be a heart.

"But let's make a promise that after all this chaos and challenges that we face, and may face in the future"

He looks at me

"We will always find our way back to each other"

I smile at him and he reflected on my actions.

"Why the ring finger?" I asked.

"Well, in the early days this finger is known as the Vein of love, solidifying union founded in love" he started

"And through our promise, a union is made" he continued.

A union founded in love

I slowly grabbed the marker now out of his grasp, as I too drew a heart on his ring finger.

"I promise" I say softly before we locked our hands.