17 💫

"Thank you for today" I tell Jay as we were currently on my front porch. It was almost 8 pm so he decided to walk me home.

"Sure. Good night." He smiles and walks away.

As he left I entered my home and screamed.

"What the hell just happened?!" I say freaking out thinking of the kiss earlier.

I covered my face as I started to blush. I basically look like a tomato right now, but I couldn't care less because all I was thinking about was the kiss earlier.

I try to brush it off as I went to my room to get some rest. As if I could sleep at all after what happened.

-

"So? What is it you wanted to tell me?" Mia asks as we were seated in class.

It's currently recess break so most of my classmates were in the cafeteria buying a snack or so. There were only a few people in the class which included Mia and me.

I told Mia what happened yesterday and she started screaming. I had to stop her and tell her to keep it down because the other people in the class were looking weirdly at us.

"Shh! Don't be too loud" I say, trying to calm Mia down.

"How can I? This is big news! It's your first kiss." Mia screams once again and I cover her mouth to stop her from being too loud.

"I know I know." I say looking down and started feeling butterflies as I was thinking of the events that occurred last night.

"This means you answered him already, right?" Mia asks.

I halt at that and just stayed silent.

The smile Mia once had turned into a frown. "You didn't?"

"No, I haven't answered him yet" I say touching the nape of my neck.

Mia stayed silent for a while. "Ave, you have to answer him to make things official." Mia started "You have to think about it and answer him or you'd be too late" she says.

I sighed and thought for a moment. She's right. Thinking about Jay not being by my side hurts me more than anything.

"I'll answer him soon." I say, trying to reassure Mia.

"Okay, now it's my turn to spill some tea." Mia says smirking.

I listened intently to what Mia had to say and I gasped at her mention that Niki and she are now dating. I didn't see that coming at all, but I was really happy for them.

Recess time was over and so we all prepared for our next class.

-

"Class dismissed" Mr. Lee says as we almost immediately stood up to head home.

I bid goodbye to Mia. Jay and I then headed home, since he said he wanted to go home with me starting today. I thought it was sweet of him.

"I have so much school work to do" Jay sighs in frustration as we were walking home.

"Procrastination at its finest" I say, teasing him.

"How were you able to finish the five-page essay? I'm barely halfway done with mine" he says sadly.

I pat him on the shoulder. "Don't worry, you can do it!" I say as I flashed him a smile trying to comfort him.

We walked for a few more minutes and finally reached home.

"This is where we say goodbye" Jay says sadly.

"Oh c'mon, you literally live just beside my house. There's nothing to be sad about."

"Shh. Just let me be clingy" Jay says as he rolls his eyes.

I laughed at that and he followed. I made eye contact for a while and so I spoke.

"Hey, there's something I want to tell you." I sigh deeply.

"I'm listening" Jay says as he waits for what I had to say next.

Thinking back to the current events, I was sure of my answer. I was certain this is what I wanted.

I slightly opened my mouth to speak but someone spoke instead.

"Jay!"

I turned my head to the right,  searching where the voice was coming from. There I saw a girl, with luggage in her hand and her other hand was waving at Jay.

She was wearing a black skirt that landed just a few inches before her knee, a striped black and white turtled neck with ankled boots on. Her long hair was hanging loosely by her shoulders. She looked beautiful.

She ran towards us and she hugs Jay.

"I've missed you so much! How are you?" She says excitedly.

"I'm great! How come you didn't tell me you were coming to Korea?" Jay asks.

"It's because I've missed you. Surprise!" she giggles.

I stayed where I was and simply watched them. It felt like I wasn't even there. They looked so happy, Jay looked so happy. I looked at the girl and had a bad feeling about this. I then remembered Mia's words earlier.

"You have to think about it and answer him or you'd be too late"

Jay notices my confused state "Oh. Ahm, this is my friend, Avery. Ave, this is-"

"Hi! I'm Charlotte. It's nice to meet you" she cuts Jay off as she smiles at me sarcastically.

Am I too late?

Lots of love :)
- ims