35 💫

Jay's POV

I got accepted by the dancing club in my new school. As I was auditioning, I showed my different skills and passion for dancing, which resulted in my acceptance.

Though I was trying my best to focus on our first club meeting, I couldn't. Not with Avery dropping the guitar and acting all embarrassed as she picked it up.

She's adorable.

I kept glancing her way and each time our eyes meet, I feel my heart racing. That's when I knew that what I was feeling for her was not something you'd normally feel for a friend.

It was pouring rain on our way home. I held her hand as we ran to the closest bus stop for shelter.

The smell of rain surrounded the place as we were seated comfortably beside each other.

"Jay, if you start saying stuff like that, I might get the wrong idea," Is what she said when I mentioned how cute she was earlier.

"What exactly do you mean?"

I knew exactly what she meant. But I wanted to hear her say it. I wanna know, does her heart beats as fast as mine do whenever our eyes meet? Or am I just a fool trying to believe so?

My phone rang and that broke our eye contact.

I was sweating. My heart was racing. I felt like I would have melted right then and there.

She was so close!!!

"Ahm I-I need to take this call" I spoke.

"S-sure. Take your time."

I turned around and I walked a few steps away to answer the call.

I beamed when I saw the name flashed on the screen.

"Hey, mom" Happy that I could hear her voice after a while.

But she was crying. That crushed me.

"Honey. Y-you need to come home right now. Right now" she says in between her cries. Her voice filled with pain.

"Mom, calm down. What's wrong?"

"Jay, it's your dad" she cried

My eyes widened as I start feeling unnerved, painful scenarios I never want to occur came to mind.

I ended the call after I told her I'd take the next flight home, and as I turned back to see Avery I felt like cursing at myself.

she's so precious, I don't deserve her. Not after the constant pain I've caused her.

And I was about to hurt her again.

"Listen, Ave. I'm leaving"

All it took was her pained expression to prove that I was right.

-

The moment I arrived in Seattle I went to the hospital right away.