20 💫

I stayed in the classroom for a little while then decided to leave when I realized it was getting late. I slowly stood up and packed my stuff to leave.

It was a good thing I noticed the time before 5:30 pm since that's when the guard starts to lock up the school.

As I was about to leave I bumped into a man on the way out of class.

"Oh hi! I thought you left with Jay-" Sunoo halts as he saw my state.

My eyes were swollen and my face was red from crying. I knew that no matter what excuse I'd say, it wouldn't have worked. This is why instead of trying to explain, I just acted as nothing happened.

"I actually decided to go home by myself today" I say softly "Did you forget anything?" I asked, wondering why he came back to school when it's currently 5:00 pm.

"I forgot something" he says as he walks inside the class and grabbed something from his seat. He then walked in my direction.

"You probably want to go home, but do you mind if I bring you somewhere first? I swear it won't take long" he asks carefully as if he was talking to a fragile baby who could cry anytime.

I thought for a while, thinking if I could handle not crying along the way.

"Not at all. Where do you want to go?" I ask.

-

"Thank you for the ice cream" I say as we were now on our way home.

Sunoo brought me to an ice cream shop. He said it was his treat. I found it a bit random but it did cheer me up a bit. I guess that was his way of indirectly trying to comfort me, and it did.

We did take a bit long. It is currently quarter to 7,  but the time didn't really matter to me.

Sunoo was currently walking me home. I told him he didn't have to, but he insisted. It was a good thing he doesn't live too far from where I do, and because of that, I wasn't really behind the Idea.

"No problem. I thought you would need it. You know, food always cheers me up" he giggles a bit.

I smiled at him as we continued to walk home.

"You didn't ask" I say, almost a whisper. Finding it unnatural that he didn't ask about my crying state earlier.

It took Sunoo a while to respond "You don't have to tell me what you're going through. I just wanna say that, whatever it is, you're gonna go through it just fine" he says as he locked arm with me.

"I'll be right here" he speaks again and I could feel how genuine his words were.

I smiled at him and started to look at the sky. I saw the painfully clear sky that was filled with golden stars. I saw how the moon shined above us.

I was looking around that I couldn't help but remember.

"Avery, Isn't the moon lovely?"

It is. It really is. How I wish I could see the lovely moon with you once again. I took a deep breath and unconsciously started crying.

Sunoo noticed my state and halts from his walk. He looks at me for a moment, expecting my tears. He then went for a hug.

His one hand was resting on my head and the other was on my lower back.

"It's okay. Let it out" he says as he pats my head softly.

I hugged him back and started to cry as I bury my face on his chest.

"It hurts. It really does" I say as I continued to cry.

We stayed like that for a while until I calmed down. We then continued walking home and later bid our goodbyes.

Sure it was one of the worst days I've experienced, but I was glad Sunoo was there with me. From buying me food that cheered me up to hugging me and bringing me comfort.

Lots of love :)
- ims

this is such a short chapter but don't worry the next one will be a long one,, anyway, sunoo best man wbk <3

if you enjoyed this chapter don't forget to give it a vote!