2 💫

It's the beginning of August and classes are resuming. It's a big day for me since it's my last year of high school.

I wouldn't want to be late for the first day, so I woke up early and had breakfast with my parents. My mom made me scrambled eggs and I enjoyed it. Mom's cooking is always the best.

As I was brushing through my hair, I noticed how long my hair was. I had long brown curly hair that landed just right after my chest. I planned on cutting it for a while now, but Jay, my best friend always said how I looked better with my hair this way.

Whenever I looked at my hair it reminded me of what he said, it makes me want to cut my hair even more now.

"What am I thinking.." I thought. He isn't my best friend, not anymore at least.

Ever since 6th grade, Jay has moved to America and left me all alone in Korea. We stayed in contact, however, it didn't take long 'til he ignored me.

I'm gonna be honest, it did hurt and I was miserable for the longest time since he was my only friend back then. But I didn't want his disappearance to bring me down.

I eventually made new friends, and I'm glad I did because I'm now friends with Mia. She's not the kindest person out there, but she's someone you could always rely on.

"I'm off to school" I say as I kiss my parents' cheek. "Take care honey!" I heard them say as I left the house.

I entered the school and I went right away to my locker. As I was fixing my stuff I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes as if a game of guess who was about to happen.

"Guess who" A forced deep voice is heard.

"I know it's you Mia" I say as I laughed.

"Damn, why do you have to be so boring" She pushes me lightly.

"You could have at least tried to make the game more interesting by saying other names"

I looked at her "Mhm. Like what?" I asked.

"I dunno.. Maybe Jay?" She says with a teasing smile.

"Oh shut up" I say back.

"C'mon I was just joking" she laughs "You're always such a cutie Ave" I roll my eyes and dragged her to our class.

We were waiting in class for our adviser to arrive. It took him a while so I had some time to chill and talk to Mia.

We were talking about life until someone at my side tripped over and the stuff he once was carrying all fell to the ground.

"Let me help you" I bent over and reached for his books.

"Here you go." I looked at him and I saw how he had a flushed expression on his face.

"Thanks a lot" he gives a small smile, stood up, and went to his seat. So did I.

"Doesn't he look familiar to you?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Mia replied.

"The guy I helped earlier, he seemed so familiar. Is he an old student?" I asked, curious.

"Do you seriously not know?" I had a blanked face.

"That's Sunoo, you weirdo" Mia says.

Sunoo? I thought. I look back at him and stared for a while.

"He looks so different now. I'm amazed" I say out of disbelief.

"Don't tell me you're developing a lil crush on that Sunoo dude" Mia says almost a whisper.

"I just said he looked different. Don't jump to conclusions" I looked at her.

"I mean he is cute" Mia checks Sunoo out but was interrupted by our teacher finally arriving.

"Before the class ends, I would like to remind you guys to sign up for clubs that might be in your interest. It ends this Friday and next week will be the beginning of the audition. That is all. Goodbye class." We all stood up and left, all excited to go home.

"Mia. I'll be going to the library for a bit. I'll be borrowing some books I can read at home. You can go ahead" I say.

"Okay, bestie. Text me when you're home." We bid our farewell and I proceeded to go to the library.

I was scanning for books of my interest. I enjoyed reading books because they are my escape from life. I never had problems at home but I often have anxiety and a book helps me a lot when I do.

I used to read books with Jay as well. We'd always go to the store to buy Sci-Fi books then head home and read them together. It was one of the things we enjoyed.

It's kinda funny how I still think of him. I wonder, does he still think of me? Does he miss me? It doesn't matter. What matters is that he left me. That's all that matters.

I realized I was lost in thoughts, so I continued looking for a book and unknowingly ended up in the Sci-Fi section. I looked up at a book that looked interesting. I reached for it, and just when I did someone behind me reached for it too.

Our hands were touching. The stranger and I grabbed the book in sync and when I turned around I saw someone I never thought I'd see again.

Jay. The man I so much missed. The man who once threw a ball that landed right on my feet. The man I used to play games, read books and hang out with a lot. The man who moved to America. The man who ignored me for no specific reason. The man I thought was my best friend.

He looked at me with a surprised face but later softened. He looked at my eyes, and so did I to his.

"I'm home." He says softly as if he said it only for me to hear.

He has a small smile but his expression later changed to a troubled one.

Tears. I had tears running down my face.

Lots of love :)
- ims