10 💫

note: play the vid above while reading this chapter ;)

I opened my closet and hurriedly looked for something to wear tonight. I was panicking so much.

Half because it feels like I'm going on a date with Jay, and the other half because I have absolutely nothing to wear (even though my closet is filled with so many clothes).

I sat right in front of my closet and just stared at it. I cursed mentally.

Should I go for jeans and a cute blouse? Oh wait, I shouldn't wear jeans on dates. Dates? Avery, it's not a date. Stop thinking it's a date!

With so much going on in my head, I decided to do the next great thing.

"Sup boo" Mia speaks as she picks up my call.

"Mia I need your help" I say as I continued looking for what to wear.

"With what?" she asks.

"Okay so I'm going out right now and I have nothing to wear. Help me" I say panicking.

"And? Avery u never call me for this kind of stuff- oh shit" I heard her gasp.

"Oh shit indeed," I say back.

"Ave, who's the lucky bastard?!" Mia asks excitedly.

"Mia it's not a date. Jay just wanted to bring me out as a late-" I was cut off.

"The douchebag's back? Avery, we had this conversation before. No more Jay" she says with disappointment.

"Mia, please. Just help me out and I'll explain everything later" I say with frustration. Mia sighs and finally helps me out.

Time check, 6:55 pm. Just in time! Before I left the house, I looked at myself one last time.

After Mia and I's long discussion on my outfit tonight, I ended up wearing a yellow floral dress that landed just before my knee, together with a white cardigan.

I had white sneakers on and a purple sling bag with my curly hair hanging loosely on my shoulders.

I don't usually wear makeup so I just applied lip balm, even though Mia kept insisting I put lipstick on in case there are any "surprise kisses" tonight.

I shake my head at the thought. It's true that she doesn't like Jay, but it's also true that she wants me to have a great time tonight. In Mia's vocabulary, a kiss is what makes a date great.

My parents are aware of my plans tonight. Since I mentioned I was going out with Jay, they had no problem with it. It's amazing how they have so much trust in that man.

I sprayed perfume, and just after that, the doorbell rang.

I opened up the door and there I saw Jay. A handsome-looking Jay. I mean, who am I kidding? He's handsome all the time. I was surprised by my thoughts but I didn't let them show.

Jay was wearing a white tucked-in shirt together with a black jacket. Paired on with blue jeans and white sneakers. He also had a chained necklace hanging on his neck.

He looked effortlessly handsome.

"You look amazing" he says as he checks me out.

I blushed at that "You don't look so bad yourself" I smile.

He laughs softly and reaches out his hand. "Shall we?"

I took his hand and felt its warmth. I just love how my hand fits perfectly with his.

"Oh right" Jay halts and takes out a handkerchief.

"What's that for?" I asked, curious.

"You're gonna wear this until we reach our destination," he says with a smirk, feeling proud of his little surprise.