42.5 💫

Warning: this chapter includes the mention of blood

- before the surprise -
3rd person POV

Charlotte didn't want to dance because the only person she wanted to dance with was dancing with someone else.

She stared at Avery and Jay who was happily dancing barefoot. To others, it might have looked cute, but to her, it made her envious.

She bit her lip irritatingly and looked away. instead, her eyes landed on the other couple of the room; Niki and Mia.

They left the venue and made their way out to the beachside. Charlotte saw this occurrence and decided to sneakily follow their trials to see what the two love birds are up to.

As she did she saw the lovebirds preparing something on the beachside which looked rather romantic. There were petals here and there, some fairy lights, and other flattering decorations.

Now charlotte knew that Ni-ki and Mia are official, so whatever was this for? It only meant one thing and the thought made her insides burn with annoyance.

"I need to do something to stop this," she thought to herself as she bit her nails nervously.

She looked around the place trying to think of something. While she was doing so she noticed how Avery and Jay left the room.

I need to think of something fast, she thought to herself.

-

Jay and Avery were walking side by side with their hands interlocked. They were heading to a location Jay wasn't so sure of but somewhere Avery was definite about. Jay received a text message which made them halt.

charlotte
I need u here asap

Jay looked at it and was conflicted. He didn't want to leave Avery but Charlotte's message seemed urgent.

"Yeah, everything is fine. I just need to check on something real quick. I'll be back" The man excused himself and made his way back to the venue looking for charlotte.

"Have any of you seen Charlotte?" Jay asked around the crowd but none of them knew of her location.

He continued to look for her and fortunately found her seated near the drinks and glasses.

"Hey what's up-" Jay halt when he saw her shoulder filled with blood.

She had blood all over her shoulder and was now on her dress as well.

"Jay I need to be brought to the hospital" Charlotte cried and hissed at the pain

Jay panicked and all he wanted to do at that moment was to heal her wound.

"Don't worry, I got you" the man comforted as he carried Charlotte's bridal style and left for the hospital.

As they made their way out of the venue, they passed by the man with a duck tie.

Sunoo eyed them and saw how alarmed the situation looked but instead of checking in on what was going on, he went to look for Avery.