36 💫

Jay's POV

"I can't sleep"

I sigh once again as I fumbled in my bed, trying to find a comfy position, but to no avail, I couldn't.

It's probably because of the endless thoughts running through my head.

It's been weeks since my argument with Avery and her words are still so vivid to me.

"It is what I want. I'm sure of it"

I stood up from my bed and decided to go to a store nearby. If I can't sleep tonight might as well watch some movies and munch on some chips.

-

I was looking around the store for some snacks. I grabbed a bag of Lays and was now looking for a drink.

As I was walking around I saw her. Her presence made me halt.

She looked like she was contemplating on what chips to buy

My eyes landed on her hair.

She cut it short.

This is my first time seeing her with this hair, yet it wasn't any different. She still looked so beautiful.

I smiled lightly at that.

I guess she doesn't need her long hair to feel like a princess anymore.

She started to look around as she probably felt my gaze. This made me panic so I hid. I didn't want to be seen by her. It's too soon.

But that thought changed when I noticed a creep laying a hand on her.

I felt my eye twitch at the scene. My jaw clenched as I made the man face me, throwing a fist at his face.

My heart aches for people who had to go through this. It's disgusting and cruel. If only I could take away that feeling of trauma they'd feel, but it's not that easy.

I was so angry at the thought that something worse would have happened to Avery.

I never would've forgiveness myself if something did happen so I decided to walk her home that day because on good terms or not, I do still care about her.

-

"Shh! She's coming" Charlotte whispered once she saw Avery's presence enter the bus.

she quickly laid her head on my shoulder and pretended to sleep.

I shake my head. She's trying to prove how much of a wing woman she is.

"She saw us" she whispered once she saw Avery take a seat.

"I don't think so"

"Stop being so negative!" she slapped my arm

"She doesn't care, charlotte. give it up" and I meant what I said.

I mean she said it herself. She doesn't want to be with me.

Even though I thought that way I kept stealing glances at her and when I saw her sharing an earphone with Sunoo as she laid her head on his shoulder, I felt my heart throb.