30 💫

note: play the vid above while reading this chapter ;)

We stood there, no words were heard as the feeling of warmth and comfort took place.

Jay's painful cries and deep breathes surrounding the room.

We stayed like that for a comforting moment before he slowly lets go of me.

He wipes his tears away before he pushes his hair back as he looks at the ceiling, avoiding my eyes.

"That must have been so sudden, I'm sorry" he says softly

"Don't worry about it"

I looked at his puffed eyes, his red nose, and how fragile he looked at that moment.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, being careful of my words.

"Not really"

I nod my head, respecting that.

"Let's go for a walk?" I started

"You look like you need a distraction" I say grabbing my jacket that was placed on the table.

He smiles at me.

"I'd love that"

-

"Welcome to our cafe! Enjoy!" The lady spoke as we entered the cafe not too far from our neighborhood, though we had to walk farther than usual.

"A dog cafe?" Jay says as he finds himself a seat near the playful dogs that occupied the place.

"That's right" I say before picking up a brown-colored Pomeranian dog that was seated silently away from the playful ones.

"I mean just look at this fluff ball. Won't you feel better just by looking at it?" I say while blinking my eyes repeatedly as I flash him a smile.

He laughs before he gently gets the dog from my grasp and takes a seat on the floor instead to play with it more comfortably.

He was giggling now and then as he did so.

"Coco" He reads the name written on the dog's collar who we later found out is female.

"How cute" he says as he hugs the dog and nuzzles its nose.

Get you a man who looks at you the way Jay looks at Coco

I rolled my eyes at my silly thoughts as a faint giggle escaped my lips.

That made Jay notice my standing self.

"Take a seat" he says looking at me with his doe eyes while petting Coco.

"I'll just order something to drink. I'll be back" I say before I made my way to the counter.

-

"This is for you" I say as I reached out a drink to him.

He was too occupied by the dog to realize, so I just placed it near him as I watched him play with Coco.

"Why don't you play with the other ones?" I asked