40 💫

"She wears short skirts I wear T-shirts! she's cheer  captain and I'm on the bleachers!"

I sang my heart out as Mia sang along with me as if we were 2 girls who have just gotten their hearts broken.

"So why can't you see? you belong with me" we sang in sync as Mia was doing my hair while I was applying makeup

"Taylor's songs will always be my fave" Mia confesses

"Makes me feel the pain of a heartbreak that I never experienced" I burst into laughter at its accuracy

"Done! what do you think?" turned around as I show Mia how I look which made her gasp

"I just know everyone would have their eyes glued to you the moment you enter that venue" we screamed excitedly before we hugged each other.

"Okay hurry with my hair so I can help you with yours!"

Mia screams out of excitement once again as she continued to style my hair.

We are currently preparing for prom. The event starts at 4:00 but we'd have to be there at 3:00 for pictures.

Mia and I decided to help each other out - just like what normal besties would do, and so I went by her place for us to prepare together.

As we were preparing Mia's phone rang

"can you check who it is?" mia asks as she was busy applying makeup

I checked her phone and a smile formed on my face at the name that appeared.

"it says 'loml' i looked at her now smirking

she giggles in embarrassment as she grabs the phone from me

"Hey babe"

I turned around as I didn't want to eavesdrop and couldn't help but feel pure happiness for her.

Once I confess I'll have my person too

"Okay see you later," she says sweetly in which is rare for me to hear.

"Aww since when did Mia speak so sweetly?"

"Shut up"

I burst into laughter

"You think you're any better? You go all red whenever you speak with Jay"

"That's not true" I denied

"You're right. Even just a look from him would make your heart boom boom and your face blush blush"

I pushed her shoulder playfully which made her laugh

"Are you ready?"

"Not yet, I'm nervous"

"But aren't you excited since you know.." she stammered

"I am, but I'm just scared of the response i guess. There are too many what if's"

she faced me and held me by my shoulders "You're gonna do great! plus, the rest and I will be helping out"