15 💫

I ran. Trying to run from this suffocating feeling as well.

I worked so hard for the little surprise I had for Jay, but I was once again reminded that not everything goes my way.

Tears falling from my face none stop. I wipe them as I ran away from the basketball court, but then stopped as someone pulled my wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" Mia says, rather frustrated.

"Mia, there's no point in giving it to him" I say, losing eye contact.

She makes me face her "Jay confessed to you right? Not to those hopeless annoying girls."

I say nothing and just continued wiping my tears away.

"Tell me I'm wrong?" Mia says.

"No, you're right." I say softly.

"Exactly, so why are you so frustrated by this little thing?"

"I don't know, I just got really annoyed."

"Ave, this is not worth your tears. Remember, you're the one Jay thinks of at night. You're the reason his heart flutters. The reason why he flashed the brightest smile earlier."

I think back to earlier when Jay flashed me a smile I've never seen before. He looked so happy. I make him happy.

"You're right" I facepalm myself. "I'm overreacting." I sigh, finally realizing my childish behavior.

"Here" she lends me the bento box. "Go. This time make sure he actually accepts it, not ending up with you running away again. Got it?" Mia says sharply.

I look at her for a moment then gave her a hug. "Thank you so much. You're the best." I say sincerely.

"Yes yes, now go before those bitches start putting their hands on your man." she says in a hurry and I blushed at her last statement.

I thanked her one more time, took the bento box, and went looking for Jay.

-

I went back to the basketball court to look for Jay. Sadly, he was nowhere to be found.

I then went out to the cafeteria, checking if he was there. I then thought of what the two girls said earlier.

"I mean you can enjoy it with us"
"Yeah, we can go somewhere right now."

If Jay went with them then he's probably somewhere in the cafeteria right now.

I was looking around until I felt someone hug me from behind. From the scent, I already knew who it was and my heart started racing.

"Where have you been?" he says softly "I've been looking for you."

I escaped from his embrace and this time facing him. "Ahm, do you mind if we go somewhere else?" I ask, hoping we can go somewhere private.

"How about the roof?" Jay asks and I nodded at his suggestion. We then went to our school's roof and looked at the view from above.

There was silence between us, so I spoke to break the silence.

"Have you eaten?" I ask.

"Not yet." He says, making me realize that he didn't go with those girls after all. I flashed an amused smile.

"You're happy I haven't eaten? I'm confused."

"No. Of course not!" I say nervously. "Anyway, there's something I want to give you." Jay raised his eyebrows at that as he listened intently.

"Here. This is for you" I say, finally giving him the bento box I've been wanting to give him since earlier.

He looked surprised by the bento box, yet he reached out his hand as he receives it. He opens it and at this point, I started to get really conscious of the meal I made.

He smiles, looking at the meal. "You made this?" he asks, looking at me.

"Yes I did," I say as my hands were fidgeting. "I put a lot of effort into it, so I'm really hoping you like it," I say looking down.

He smiles at that and he takes a seat on the floor, I followed.

"Thank you for this. I appreciate it" I blushed at that. He flashes a smile at me then he gets a spoon full of the meal to his mouth.

I looked at him, waiting for his reaction. I start to overthink again what he might say.

He munches for a while and swallows it. He looks at me and nods slowly "It's.. interesting."

I'm doomed. As far as I know, "It's interesting" is another way of saying it's not good. I started to panic.

"You still have to finish it you know. I put a lot of my time on that." I say, getting a bit angry now.

He laughs at my reaction. "cute" he says and I start to blush. "Don't worry, I'm gonna eat it all since it was made just for me" he smiles brightly.

We sat there as Jay ate his meal. Though he didn't give the reaction I wanted, I was still happy that I got to make his tummy happy with the food that I made.

"Hey. How about I make you a meal to show you how a meal is really made" he says getting all confident.

"Hmm someone's confident" I say back at him, who is now looking all self-assured.

"I don't know if you're aware, but I'm actually a great cook" he says with a smirk on his face.

"Oh yeah? Prove it then. Cook me something." I say, challenging him.

"I'd love to. Let's go" He says standing up.

As we stood up, I realized that I didn't have that many ingredients left at home. Jay wouldn't be able to prepare a meal that way.

"Wait, I just realized we don't have that many ingredients at home. I-" he cuts me off.

"Oh, that's okay" he says like it was nothing. I looked at him, confused.

"We'll be going to my place." He smiles as he reaches his hand out for me to take.

Lots of love :)
- ims